PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Lurker

CheatLBJ is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weather Panel Not Updating

Hey, great site. Its been a fantastic resource since I got my treo a few months back.

Anyway, I use Weather Panel (latest version) and it stopped updating on Sunday. The date reads correctly, the time displays correctly, but every weather image is from Sunday, the high/low is from Sunday, no current temp is displayed. The moon phases end on Tuesday (nothing listed past that date).

I've hit the "update" button with no results. Any thoughts on whats going on with this awesome program?
Old 08-11-2007, 07:50 PM
2sa
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700Wx
Carrier: Verizon

2sa is a n00b
A quick search brought up this thread...it may help your problem as well
http://ppcgeeks.com/weatherpanel-que...+updating.html
Old 08-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
^^^^^^What Ted Nugent said!

late,
Coz
Old 08-12-2007, 03:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

mario66 is a n00b
I had a similar situation. (Just the radar not updating) Seems the default radar image site has changed. The fix I found was browse around the internet til I found a suitable radar site, mine came from a local TV station page,right click for the properties and correct url, and change the url in the "radars.txt" file in the WP folder.

Dunno if that helps you any....

Mike
Old 08-12-2007, 08:43 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66
I had a similar situation. (Just the radar not updating) Seems the default radar image site has changed. The fix I found was browse around the internet til I found a suitable radar site, mine came from a local TV station page,right click for the properties and correct url, and change the url in the "radars.txt" file in the WP folder.

Dunno if that helps you any....

Mike
Yup the website that was supplying the radar images is gone, I change the radar text document to my local radar. That way all I have to do is change the text document when I do a hard reset or need to reload weather panel, no need to retype the information much easier.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: AT&T Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

kbcherry is a n00b
Has anyone else had a problem with WeatherPanel no longer updating? I did a search and found this thread and read the one linked above and it didn't really help. At some point last night my weatherpanel just quit updating. I've tried everything I can think of. Deleted and readded the cities, completely wiped out the data folder, soft reset, and even a hard reset and reload of WeatherPanel. I know the data comes from the national weather service I wonder if something has changed. Is anyone else having a problem?
Old 08-16-2007, 02:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: At&t

Alkhal is a n00b
Storyr, has worked on this prob at here

Cingular/At&t 8525 ROM: 2.15.502.3 Radio: 1.40.30.00
Orange SPV M5000 ROM: 1.13.49 WWE
Old 08-16-2007, 02:50 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Marc it at 4:46 am weather panel has passed. ):
Old 08-16-2007, 03:28 PM
2sa
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700Wx
Carrier: Verizon

2sa is a n00b
I thought I was crazy...I have worked all day long trying to get it to update. Searching threads in every nook and cranny I could find. I thought one of my more recent "tweaks" had screwed me up. I was starting to look ole Ted in my avatar.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
FIX can be found HERE

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software