PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Opera Mobile 9.7 out Monday !? *Edit* Download here! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=70768)

soinkster 06-08-2009 11:50 PM

Re: Opera Mobile 9.7 out Monday !? *Edit* Download here!

its like we are taking everything your used to and should come standard throw it all away but hey look at the "blazing speeds" loading mobile sites smh fail!

wjrandon 06-09-2009 12:22 AM

Re: Opera Mobile 9.7 out Monday!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff (Post 963289)
i don't know.. i've tried all that and i still can't get yahoo.com to show up in desktop mode. i used this spoof stuff on 9.5 and got yahoo working right. could you check yahoo.com and see if that site is showing up for you in desktop mode?

Yea, actually Yahoo.com is only loading the mobile view for me also. Making that change works for most sites... I'll keep investigating this. If anyone else discovers a user agent that works on all sites please post.

orlandojumpoff 06-09-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjrandon (Post 963670)
Yea, actually Yahoo.com is only loading the mobile view for me also. Making that change works for most sites... I'll keep investigating this. If anyone else discovers a user agent that works on all sites please post.

what site can i test to see if i put the user pref info in correctly? basically what site shows up as mobile in default, but as desktop with the previously posted user agent? like i said, i usually test using yahoo.com, but since that's not working i need something else to test with...

pdx77 06-09-2009 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by temperbad (Post 963566)
hey, if turbo is off it will save your passwords. I dont know why they made it where turbo mode kills all the good stuff like cut n paste, open in another link and even now the passwords. Kinda dumn if ya ask me. but I still like it cause its fast, guess ill just have to keep a link of ppcgeeks open at all times so i dont have to sign in again and again. ohhh and no downloading while turbo on either.

As Opera has stated, and stated many times in this thread already, Turbo mode is just beta so not everything is going to work, like saving passwords, downloading, etc...

They could of waited until Turbo mode was more complete before they threw it in this beta, but then alot of us would still be complaining that turbo mode isn't included.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Opera
Finally we can show you Opera Turbo on mobile! Opera Turbo accelerates the browsing experience by reducing bandwidth consumption up to 80%. Many of you will be familiar with Opera's compression technology from using Opera Mini, and with Opera Mobile 9.7 you'll get the best of both worlds - a full-fledged browser with extra Turbo capabilities. It's not the full version of Opera Turbo yet (yes, that's a Beta feature in a Beta release), but we couldn't wait to show you this cool feature.

People tend to forget that this is only a beta version so not all of the features are going to work, nor is anything really guaranteed to work.

Draiko 06-09-2009 12:47 AM

Has anyone found a way to make 9.7 the default browser in TF3D?

Biker1 06-09-2009 01:21 AM

When using the Phone Keypad Keyboard or the Compact Qwerty Keyboard, I cannot input any letters in abc mode. I can only input alpha characters in T9 mode. [HTML]
Does anyone else have this issue?
I am using the stock ROM on my Sprint Diamond.
Otherwise, I enjoy the speed of this version and I also like the fact that as I type, the text scrolls upward so I can see what I am typing.
With the 9.5 version, the text would not scroll upward so I could not see what I was typing or correcting and I would have to hide the keyboard to see what I typed.
This is a big deal for me as I never knew what the answer was as to why the screen would not scroll upward before.

bachikho 06-09-2009 04:17 AM

how 2 have high quality picture as in opera mini?

Barty23 06-09-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wjrandon (Post 961522)
The flash support isn't quite there like I was hoping, Skyfrie still holds that title. However with Turbo mode enabled plus the new slick scrolling and slick rotation animation 9.7 is a worthy upgrade for sure!

I am not seeing that slick rotation animation! Does it happen when switching to landscape mode? On my wm6.5 tytn2 (qvga) it just flips to landscape like normally.
Could someone perhaps post a video of this cool effect that I am missing? Better yet, does anyone have an idea why?

darren.wlsn1 06-09-2009 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barty23 (Post 964125)
I am not seeing that slick rotation animation! Does it happen when switching to landscape mode? On my wm6.5 tytn2 (qvga) it just flips to landscape like normally.
Could someone perhaps post a video of this cool effect that I am missing? Better yet, does anyone have an idea why?

your not missing much imo, search youtube yourself, im sure theres tons of vids for you.

HBOOT 06-09-2009 11:33 AM

Barely messd with new Opera 9.7, however I can confirm the rotation is fast and cool looking, that is G sensor related.....if u just flip TP, it rotates...Mogul has no sensor..not sure how it reacts if you slide the kb...