PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

dlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [7/9] Gasmate - MPG Calculator *New! AUTOUpdate AND IMPORT!*

Unfortunately its not hard to do......its quite impossible since it is a windows form element.

What do you all think about the tapping to enter the data......is it working well? I wanted to get rid of the keyboard in the most easy/cross screen(vga/qvga) way. Since capturing input on different sizes is hell, I figured I would try to use simple linklabels.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Nex-tech Wireless

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Re: [7/9] Gasmate - MPG Calculator *New! AUTOUpdate AND IMPORT!*

Stupid windows elements

Tapping is great, as long as you don't tap too many times and go over! The more info that can be entered that way the better in my opinion, since I usually enter the info as I am filling up and having to open the keyboard or pull out the stylus to use the onscreen keyboard is kinda a pain.

Now all I have to do if figure out how to make it high contrast so I can see it outdoors The larger tap numbers definitely help with that.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

dlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardlichterman is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [7/15] Gasmate - MPG Calculator *New! AUTOUpdate AND IMPORT!* **RELEASE CANDIDATE

Bump! Release Candidate!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

ChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuffChaosTheory knows their stuff
Re: [7/15] Gasmate - MPG Calculator *New! AUTOUpdate AND IMPORT!* **RELEASE CANDIDATE

Sweet! Downloading now, looks great!
Old 07-25-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Bugfix! Bump. First updated
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlichterman View Post
Bugfix! Bump. First updated
Thanks for the update!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Re: [7/25] Gasmate - MPG Calculator *New! AUTOUpdate AND IMPORT!* **RELEASE CANDIDATE

Question and suggestion for you!

Question - If I only fill part of the tank will that mess things up? I.E, if I only put $10 in gas in, but enter the mileage and eveything will that throw the calculations off? Should I wait until the next time I do fill it all the way up and just add the two together?

Suggestion - How hard would it be to add a second vehicle? Not a big deal, if nothing else I could keep 2 separate files and just load up the one I need I guess. Just didn't know if it was possible to maybe have two separate files created and switch between them in the program.

Thanks again for the great program.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: [7/25] Gasmate - MPG Calculator *New! AUTOUpdate AND IMPORT!* **RELEASE CANDIDATE

Holy crap, ppcgeeks got a facelift!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosTheory View Post
Question and suggestion for you!

Question - If I only fill part of the tank will that mess things up? I.E, if I only put $10 in gas in, but enter the mileage and eveything will that throw the calculations off? Should I wait until the next time I do fill it all the way up and just add the two together?
Yes, right now this will mess things up. If you add the gas you bought this time to the next time you fill up(all the way) then it will work. "Not a fill up" is on my list of things to do next after I get a stable release.

Quote:
Suggestion - How hard would it be to add a second vehicle? Not a big deal, if nothing else I could keep 2 separate files and just load up the one I need I guess. Just didn't know if it was possible to maybe have two separate files created and switch between them in the program.
As I have said multiple times, multiple vehicles are part of the next phase. Once I get a stable release I will start working on multiple vehicles.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone
Old 07-30-2009, 01:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone
Its mostly the morons on freewaqrepocketpc.net who don't read ANYTHING I post then come back wondering why they are getting errors lol.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software