PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   FingerKeyBoard 2.1 ONLINE NOW ALL VERSIONS!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=63777)

eenieMINI 05-02-2009 10:48 AM

Re: FingerKeyBoard 2.1 ONLINE NOW ALL VERSIONS!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by iconeo (Post 890419)
After installing this keyboard a lot of my keys on my hardware keyboard are messed up. Anyone have a fix for this. HTC Touch Pro Sprint. Thanks.

Wierd, I have it on a PRO with no issues. Have you installed any other software? Did you soft reset? and most important did you disable SIPGT in processes before installing?

Reef48 05-02-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

After installing this keyboard a lot of my keys on my hardware keyboard are messed up. Anyone have a fix for this. HTC Touch Pro Sprint. Thanks.

Also did you install to device and not storage?

iconeo 05-02-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 890853)
Wierd, I have it on a PRO with no issues. Have you installed any other software? Did you soft reset? and most important did you disable SIPGT in processes before installing?

On a pro 6.5 rom?

eenieMINI 05-02-2009 04:35 PM

Oops nope, stock rom.

BRIVERS73 05-11-2009 08:55 PM

Quote:

EDIT: I think it is because I'm running 6.5 rom...

I'm running MightyROM5 with this keyboard running strong with no issues....

Iceroid 05-12-2009 12:25 AM

I am trying to build my own skin and I am unable to add a fourth landscape row without shrinking the height of all the keys. How can I make the vertical area of the keyboard larger?

Reef48 05-12-2009 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceroid (Post 909846)
I am trying to build my own skin and I am unable to add a fourth landscape row without shrinking the height of all the keys. How can I make the vertical area of the keyboard larger?

Sure just do the math then add it to the total size in the skin.txt landscape file. Not sure what you are trying to add....
All examples from Wvga, but you'll get the picture:

ResolutionBegin 800 480
Size 800 222

So, this is whole screen resolution and the size of the keyboard. Make the keyboard less in height. Save the file, load it to device and try reloading. You will see that keyboard has "shifted down", but row space stayed the same.

Then move on to the land-01-eng.txt (or whatever you're using) and start reducing the numbers that control horizontal row placement.

For example:

;ROW1:
Key 4 5 56 62

That's 4 pixels from the left side, 5 pixels from the top, and key dimensions are 56x62. Basically, you will see that in that row all keys have 5 as the number that defines key position distance from the top of the keyboard.

Next row has this set to 79, and the last row has it set to 153. Basically - it's a guessing game. We usually leave 10-20 pixels of row space between the keys, but you can reduce that for VGA or any size.

To calculate what would be best numbers for horizontal key placement you start from the top. Say you wanna keep 5 pixels distance from the top, and you also want all your other rows to have 5 pixels distance between them.

5 + 62 (key height) = 67
67 + 5 + 62 (key height again) = 135

And there you have them: 5 is pixel distance from the top edge for the first row of keys, 67 for the second, and 135 for the last bottom row of keys. All of the rows have 5 pixel spacing between them.

You can also use this to calculate keyboard height:
135+67+5=207. And there you have it! 207 pixels would be the number you would enter into land-00-types.txt

So, to narrow down the keyboard row space you first have to reduce the "frame box" in which the keyboard sits, and then shift the keys up a little bit.
This may help you some. Good luck. Let me know how it turns out.

joutlaw 05-12-2009 03:40 PM

I like this keyboard alot, but how I can set it up so where it has EN and the refresh looking symbol have 123 to go numeric without having to press shift.

I suppose I am wanting a dedicated 123 button. I'm running the VGA version without arrows.

ianderson_76 05-12-2009 05:14 PM

I've been through many of the post and do not see one that I can use. Is there a version for 320x320 screens, at least I did not see one mentioned.

Reef48 05-12-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joutlaw (Post 910971)
I like this keyboard alot, but how I can set it up so where it has EN and the refresh looking symbol have 123 to go numeric without having to press shift.

I suppose I am wanting a dedicated 123 button. I'm running the VGA version without arrows.

There already is a dedicated 123 button, and if you go into the config menu under option\ lng button there are some settings you can change there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianderson_76 (Post 911149)
I've been through many of the post and do not see one that I can use. Is there a version for 320x320 screens, at least I did not see one mentioned.

No there is not as of now. You can take a QVGA and modify it to work.