PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Challenge to you developers out there...

Come up with a software that I can use to have my Touch Pro act as a "baby monitor". Winner gets a "thanks"... I know, I'm a big spender.

Any takers?
Old 04-05-2009, 07:51 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Challenge to you developers out there...

Here you go. Thanks T M Z

http://www.mobihand.com/product.asp?...&n=BabyMonitor
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Keir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuffKeir333 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to Keir333 Send a message via Yahoo to Keir333 Send a message via Skype™ to Keir333

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeuw19 View Post
Come up with a software that I can use to have my Touch Pro act as a "baby monitor". Winner gets a "thanks"... I know, I'm a big spender.

Any takers?
You want to leave the Touch Pro in the baby's room, or have it with you and some how connect to an actual baby monitor that is in the room?

-Keir-
Old 04-05-2009, 07:55 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Here ya' go.

Full version will set you back $20.00

*EDIT, Looks like TMZ was already on it when I typed this.. ooops!

Here is 1 more idea!

Knowledge of smartphones and PDA's doesn't necessarily equate with parenting experience , so take this advice with a grain of salt. But if your bundle of joy is sleeping peacefully and you need to get some work done in the next room, here is a way to rig a baby monitor. All it involves is placing a phone next to the baby, and calling it with a smartphone. After the call connects, turn on your phone's mute and speakerphone modes, so you'll be able to hear if the baby cries. Without waking it up with noise from your end.

***Of course, this is only financially reasonable if you use an unlimited plan to make the call.**** And the scheme is no license for leaving the baby unattended for extended periods of time, or if you are a significant distance away from it. It also goes without saying that your service provider should have great coverage of both areas.****
Attached Files
File Type: cab BabyMonitor13.CAB (454.8 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by santod; 04-05-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

what me and my fiancee do is one of us calls the other one, put both phones on speaker, leave one in the crib, take the other phone and put it on mute and keep it with you...bam baby monitor. of course calls are free anytime between me and her.

that may not be available to you but thats how we tackle the issue.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor

I guess I should've been more clear. VIDEO baby monitor. I've seen that app you linked to. Not what I'm looking for... not video and... not free. Like I said... I'm a big spender.

What I would like, is to buy a vid monitor, but also can tap into it on my touch pro. Or... get an wireless webcam, and just make one myself, using the TP as the monitor.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Google-Search&Rescue Div.
Pocket PC: MoPho CM9/ MotoACTV / GTab 10.1(I/O LE)
Carrier: PPCGeeks/XDA

MoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMoonZ*BabysH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to MoonZ*BabysH Send a message via Skype™ to MoonZ*BabysH

sounds a bit harder, interesting though.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Back

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeuw19 View Post
I guess I should've been more clear. VIDEO baby monitor. I've seen that app you linked to. Not what I'm looking for... not video and... not free. Like I said... I'm a big spender.

What I would like, is to buy a vid monitor, but also can tap into it on my touch pro. Or... get an wireless webcam, and just make one myself, using the TP as the monitor.
ahh well that makes things lil more difficult. damn u lifeuw19! now u put this idea in my head and itll bother me until i find something
Old 04-05-2009, 08:49 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Look here,

http://www.livecast.com/corporate/index.html

And here,

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20535

And here,

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35559

Hope it Helps.

Thanks T M Z
Old 04-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Back

cool thanx man!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software