PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 05:05 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MobiTV rocks, but i need something else..

without buying slingbox im looking for another free live tv method.
my trial is about expired on this mobitv and while it has a few good channels the interface is great! So are these all the channels that come in the full/paid version?? Or is this trial giving us limited amount of channels?

i need something else though thats FREE.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
I believe the MobiTV trial is fully functional with every channel you get once you pay. I could be wrong though, perhaps someone else can chime in.

I'm biding my time, waiting for a Slingbox. I've heard new models will be out in the fall which should cause the prices of the current models to drop considerably. I'll pick one up then. If only more than one person could connect at a time...
Old 07-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

xmind2006 is a n00b
Or you can use Orb with a TV tuner. Yes, I know the TV tuner isn't free, but there are compatible tuner cards that can be had for $30, instead of the $100 to $200 for Slingbox and you don't have to install anything on your phone. Granted the quality probably isn't as good as Slingbox or as convenient of an interface (can't change channels in the player).
Old 07-23-2007, 01:28 PM
2sa
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700Wx
Carrier: Verizon

2sa is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81
I believe the MobiTV trial is fully functional with every channel you get once you pay. I could be wrong though, perhaps someone else can chime in.

I'm biding my time, waiting for a Slingbox. I've heard new models will be out in the fall which should cause the prices of the current models to drop considerably. I'll pick one up then. If only more than one person could connect at a time...
That is good to know....I am eyeing the pro version and would like it for football season.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker

letsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good workletsgoflyers81 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to letsgoflyers81
Quote:
Originally Posted by polargoat
There is a way to have multiple streams going from one slingbox. Requires a server to do so I believe. Google tells all.
Can you please provide a link? I've searched and all I can find are references to using a PC on the LAN to act as a server and have remote machines access that to get the feed. It makes sense, but I can't find anything with specific instructions. If people are doing this and it's at all practical, there have to be instructions somewhere.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software