PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 02:37 PM
Lurker

durag5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Iconsoft PhonEx 1.3

Iconsoft

PhonEx 1.3

I just wanted to list some fixes that affected me from version 1.2 to 1.3. Since 1.3 came out I haven't had any issues or annoyances which make PhonEx the best contact manager and dialer out there for a WinMo phone.

My first annoyance was that all my caller ID pictures were pixelated unless they were a certain resolution - 1.3 completely fixes this issue. All my pictures show clear wear as before they looked like a traffic accident.

Second annoyance was when using the hardkey "call button" to launch the dial pad, pressing it a second time in 1.2 would not make a call out to the last call/missed call/ received call. Essentially all it did was try to launch itself again. 1.3 completely fixes this as well.

Third and lastly, in the 1.2 variation of PhonEx, when using Windows Live; If I tried to make a call from within that application it would not launch the dial pad. Which isnt all that bad unless you are calling someone there has an Automated Atendent. Without a dial pad i could not navigate through the menues. I tested this in 1.3 and it works flawlessly now.

Side note: if you used PhonEx prior to 1.2 they also fixed the landscape mode.

PhonEx is deffinately worth the $25 - Check out the free demo at www.iconsoft.com and you will understand what i am talking about.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:46 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Iconsoft PhonEx 1.3

how many of these posts are you guys gonna clutter the forums with?!?! theres already one about this one first page.

mmm...spamburgers
Old 03-26-2009, 04:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kubafett is a n00b

They are doing this, because if they post the link in 5 relevant forums, they get the software for free.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

steelersmb is keeping up the good worksteelersmb is keeping up the good work

Even if I never tried the software, I sure wouldn't try it now. They shouldn't have to spam and clutter the forums if they had a good product. It would spread by word of mouth.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Telstra

rexboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by durag5 View Post
Iconsoft

PhonEx 1.3

I just wanted to list some fixes that affected me from version 1.2 to 1.3. Since 1.3 came out I haven't had any issues or annoyances which make PhonEx the best contact manager and dialer out there for a WinMo phone.

My first annoyance was that all my caller ID pictures were pixelated unless they were a certain resolution - 1.3 completely fixes this issue. All my pictures show clear wear as before they looked like a traffic accident.

Second annoyance was when using the hardkey "call button" to launch the dial pad, pressing it a second time in 1.2 would not make a call out to the last call/missed call/ received call. Essentially all it did was try to launch itself again. 1.3 completely fixes this as well.

Third and lastly, in the 1.2 variation of PhonEx, when using Windows Live; If I tried to make a call from within that application it would not launch the dial pad. Which isnt all that bad unless you are calling someone there has an Automated Atendent. Without a dial pad i could not navigate through the menues. I tested this in 1.3 and it works flawlessly now.

Side note: if you used PhonEx prior to 1.2 they also fixed the landscape mode.

PhonEx is deffinately worth the $25 - Check out the free demo at www.iconsoft.com and you will understand what i am talking about.
Sorry but bugs still exist. I am using SPB mobile shell 2.1.5 any many others are as well. Regardless if autolock scren is ticked or not, you simply cant answer a call with screen taps or hard keys like the green answer key. If you are in the default HTC home screen it works fine and v1.2 never had this issue. It did look promising over the 1.2 with little subtle changes but as usual its not bug free
Old 04-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: vzw

DJyosnow is a n00b
Iconsoft PhonEx 1.3 DON:T WORRY (read this bs)

I can only assume you saw the iconsoft PhonEx protional thing about getting a free version? Well I submitted my request back to them with the linkes and have yet to hear from them. It's been over a week and now going on two weeks and a second e-mail was sent. (phonex4free@iconsoft.com) "We will waiting!" says their website...what's that all about. I guess I'm the fool for thinking I could get something for free? I honestly did not think I was terribly shmucky about it so I guess I give up and am soon to take down my video and posts....BOOOO
~PLUR~ Peace Love Unity Respect
~DJyoSNOW~
Old 04-25-2009, 07:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I have used this app, but switched to Inesoft Phone 4 which I likke better in every way.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software