PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera Mobile 9.7 announced

def. waiting for this. it sounds like this could replace all the other browsers i have. would make this so conveinent. can't wait
Old 03-26-2009, 11:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

IrogSinta is a n00b

Sounds like it's going to be the mobile browser king. But I really hope this version has the "Open tab in background" feature.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

I am a little disappointed. the new rendering engine seems great, but I was hoping for better flash support. Oh well, skyfire well enough for flash anyways.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplow54 View Post
I am a little disappointed. the new rendering engine seems great, but I was hoping for better flash support. Oh well, skyfire well enough for flash anyways.
That problem mostly relys on Adobe and giving us a better Flash plug in.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo 4g & TP 2
Carrier: Dan.

coolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolwhip1220 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't even call it Skyfire. It's named "Family Guy Player". Hope Opera will be able to play without dropping frames and actually link up video and sound.

Old 03-27-2009, 05:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ronaldheld is just getting started

IT can't come too soon.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Sounds great.

I bet the turbo is gonna screw up my speed test site in 8 different ways, just like opera mini does...lol

MobileSpeedtest.com (yes, that's my site)
Old 03-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme5 View Post
Sounds great.

I bet the turbo is gonna screw up my speed test site in 8 different ways, just like opera mini does...lol
you bet it will. People will be thinking they have 15mb speed all of sudden!
Old 03-27-2009, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

gimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargimme5 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to gimme5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
you bet it will. People will be thinking they have 15mb speed all of sudden!
hehehe...yeah. Then, if 9.7 uses proxies and hides your real IP address, I'll get e-mails saying "What do you mean opera is my ISP...opera isn't my ISP".

I'm still looking forward to it though
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuffTalynOne knows their stuff

Video demo of upcoming Opera Mobile v9.7 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Om5ywkQX4

The Opera Mobile 9.7 Beta for Windows Mobile will include the following features:
  • Improved rendering engine
    Opera Mobile 9.7 Beta uses the Presto 2.2 rendering engine, which will also be used in the Opera 10 desktop browser. Presto 2.2 offers faster page loading, and we’re excited to use this state-of-the-art rendering engine and be at the forefront of standards support with 100/100 on Acid 3.
  • Opera Turbo
    Finally we can show you Opera Turbo on mobile! Opera Turbo accelerates the browsing experience by reducing bandwidth consumption up to 80%. Many of you will be familiar with Opera’s compression technology from using Opera Mini, and with Opera Mobile 9.7 you’ll get the best of both worlds - a full-fledged browser with extra Turbo capabilities. It’s not the full version of Opera Turbo yet (yes, that’s a Beta feature in a Beta release), but we couldn’t wait to show you this cool feature.
  • Improved Widget Manager
    Opera Widgets are small, handy Web applications that run locally on your mobile phone. Our new Widget Manager has improved usability and design, and runs independently from the browser.
  • Gears
    Gears is a Google open source project that enables more powerful web applications, by adding new features to your web browser. Read more about Gears on Opera Labs.
  • OpenGL ES
    Hardware acceleration with OpenGL ES support, ensuring smoother scrolling, panning and a more fluid user interface.

Source: http://dailymobile.se/2009/03/26/vid...h-opera-turbo/

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software