PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jye75 is keeping up the good workjye75 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Navigation update

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
Ok so where are people getting Telenav 5.2 for the Touch Pro? The version I have is 5.1.16.

Thanks

5.1.16 is apparently the most recent version for the TP. You can go to telenav.com and see for yourself.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jye75 View Post
5.1.16 is apparently the most recent version for the TP. You can go to telenav.com and see for yourself.
Thanks I should have stated that I've checked there already.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

wjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuffwjrandon knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to wjrandon Send a message via Yahoo to wjrandon

There's a major update coming to Sprint Navagation but I believe it's only going to be offically released with new devices. Check out this video of the new updated Sprint Navagation based on Telenav 5.5 running on the Palm Pre. Sadly Telenav hasn't made version 5.5 available for download through any other means, but hopefully once the Palm Pre ships a Windows Mobile version wont be too far off.

Last edited by wjrandon; 04-09-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G w/ OMJ's Rom

jpgarcia is just getting started

I have a question. I updated the Telenav Navigation via the Telenav website. Logged in with pin and everything is set up. However, this versions keeps asking me for a bluetooth device? How can I get it to work like the original Sprint Navigation that used the built in GPS. I looked and there are no options. Please advise. I have the Vouge.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

superman426 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to superman426 Send a message via MSN to superman426 Send a message via Yahoo to superman426

Quote:
Originally Posted by keaolyen View Post
Stumbled across this today at the Sprint Users Forum; the directions are good and I'm wondering if any Chef's would want to cook this in?

http://sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181730

(copied from OP)

Touch and Touch Pro Sprint Navigation UPDATE AND FIX step by step
Ok well I got my Touch pro and as expected I love it. One thing about the Touch and Touch Pro that bothered me was the sprint navigation. When you open the sprint navigation it is actually opening the Telnav application that sprint has decided to put their name all over which really bugs me to begin with but also another thing that I’m sure you have noticed is that the sprint navigation (Telnav) is very distorted and pixilated around the buttons etc and even the splash screen is quite messy. Well I have been looking at the files for Telnav and I've found out that this is because sprint has decided to put a version of Telnav on our phones that was actually built for phones with a much lower screen resolution than the Touch/Pro.

Here's the fix and believe me if you are planning on using the navigation a regular basis like I do it’s well worth it.

Step 1. Download the cab file located at the following address (THIS IS OFFICIAL TELNAV SITE) http://ota.telenav.com/ota/tn/choice/htc_htc.html and choose HTC as your option.

step 2. Install the cab to your device (not storage card) and after install go ahead and run the program. (start menu/programs/TELNAV)

Step 3. On first run the program will go thru a setup where your telephone number will already be displayed and under that the set up wants you to enter your pin (obtain your pin number by going to http://signin.telenav.com/tnsso/sso/...nav.com%2Fmytn and choosing the link "Get Your Pin” after putting in your phone number) they will text you with your pin number in just a few seconds and you may now enter that number into the Telnav setup on your Touch/Pro

Step 4. After setup is complete you may want to navigate to Windows/Start menu/Programs and delete “sprint navigation.lnk” so that you don’t have duplicate icons in your programs list. (you will have to use a 3rd party explorer like “Resco Explorer” in order to delete the file (google it if you still need Resco Explorer)

Done!

The end result is the original Telnav splash screen which is not distorted at all and mentions nothing about Sprint, All Buttons within Telnav are now grey and black theme with no distortion or pixilation, an easier to navigate interface that is not plastered with all the crap logos that Sprint put in the original.

I believe that you will not need to worry about your favorite places being deleted because (correct me if I’m wrong) I believe the favorites must be updated on the Telnav servers. I have had sprint navigation on two phones with the same number and to my surprise after the above update was done I actually had my favorites from both phones already updated to the new version we just installed.

Woo Hoo nothing missing and a much better product. Hope that someone does the above changes and enjoys the change as much as I did.

Write me back if there is anything that should be said!

mcmism

Where can I get the Sprint Telnav cab?
Old 04-11-2009, 01:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman426 View Post
Where can I get the Sprint Telnav cab?
Did the link in Step 1 not work for you? If so let me know and I'll post the cab.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have been goin over the latest sprint nav cab files.
I would not use sprint diamond 2.1.7.
It is a HUGE cab (3mb) AND uses much older files than sprint raphael 2.1.10
The actual exe file are same 1meg size for both.

Sprint nav 2.1.23 uses newest exe and dll files, and has larger exe file so I would assume more advanced.

Upon further checking the exe file, the SprintNav has extra capabilities that are not enabled.

The TeleNav version has all newer features enabled, like WEATHER UPDATE, Extra Menus, Improved graphics, More info in moving maps, Blue-ish themed interface, ect.

Best thing is that now Telenav website has most carriers updated, not just sprint.

Here is what you need to do:
Install either latest SprintNav cabs in order to get your pin.
If you know it, skip this step.

Goto tools&extras / about / My account info
Retrive your pin (for use on telenav cab)

It does not matter that Sprint cab is installed on your device, you dont have to uninstall.You can have both.
In the past I actually needed Sprint version installed before the Telenav.

SOOOO.....
Install this newest telenav cab and you will be happy
I give you a choice of three:
Modified by me with regedits from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427888
Un-modified pick your carrier here: http://ota.telenav.com/otadownload/d...product.action
Orig latest Sprint cab.

keaolyen please update first post as I didn't want to start new thread with this info, thanks.
Goodluck to all.

EDIT: Update on Telenav expiring 4 some users:
I have finally got Televav to expire by using a rom (not on PPCGeeks) that did not list phone number info in :start/settings/system/device info...
Televav expired on second try within minutes after installing.
Remedy was just installing sprint version along side.
Now both installed and working on that rom.
So solution for the Telenav expiring problem, if it ever happens to you, is to have both installed, or use another rom

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-19-2009 at 07:14 PM. Reason: More info
This post has been thanked 24 times.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I have been goin over the latest sprint nav cab files.
I would not use sprint diamond 2.1.7.
It is a HUGE cab (3mb) AND uses much older files than sprint raphael 2.1.10
The actual exe file are same 1meg size for both.

Sprint nav 2.1.23 uses newest exe and dll files, and has larger exe file so I would assume more advanced.

One reason is that it has extra capabilities that are not enabled like the original Telenav has, like WEATHER UPDATE.

Here is what you need to do:
Install either latest SprintNav cabs in order to get your pin.
If you know it, skip this step.

Goto tools&extras / about / My account info
Retrive your pin (for use on telenav cab)

It does not matter that Sprint cab is installed on your device, you dont have to uninstall.You can have both.
In the past I actually needed Sprint version installed before the Telenav.

SOOOO.....
Install this newest telenav cab and you will be happy
I give you a choice of three:
Modified by me with regedits from this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427888
Un-modified pick your carrier here: http://ota.telenav.com/otadownload/d...product.action
Orig latest Sprint cab.

keaolyen please update first post as I didn't want to start new thread with this info, thanks.
Goodluck to all.
I am having some troubles with the TeleNav cab. I installed it on the device along with the modified sprint cab.

I ran the sprint cab first and it loaded to the screen wanting me to pay, which I have never had to do before, plus I have the unlimited data plan.

I then ran the TeleNav cab and it would not go past the screen saying "telenav top L corner. Sprint Navigation v2.1 and the warning do not input data while driving" it will not proceed past this screen no matter how long I wait.

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

Old 07-20-2009, 05:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanfishy View Post
I am having some troubles with the TeleNav cab. I installed it on the device along with the modified sprint cab.

I ran the sprint cab first and it loaded to the screen wanting me to pay, which I have never had to do before, plus I have the unlimited data plan.

I then ran the TeleNav cab and it would not go past the screen saying "telenav top L corner. Sprint Navigation v2.1 and the warning do not input data while driving" it will not proceed past this screen no matter how long I wait.
Did you have the sprintNav on before you tried?
uninstall telenav and if you can, sprintnav
If not nomatter, reinstall sprintnav and login
A normal SprintNav install should not give problems.

OR just reinstall TeleNav
Should work second try.
After you name , upon login, enter your pin.
It is the last 4 digits of your phone number.
You should be in.
If not, check to have your device with carrier cab installed.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Did you have the sprintNav on before you tried?
uninstall telenav and if you can, sprintnav
If not nomatter, reinstall sprintnav and login
A normal SprintNav install should not give problems.

OR just reinstall TeleNav
Should work second try.
After you name , upon login, enter your pin.
It is the last 4 digits of your phone number.
You should be in.
If not, check to have your device with carrier cab installed.
thanks the reinstall did the trick

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software