PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

gramenz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Spb Mobile Shell Wireless Manager

I have searched, and can't come up with a definite answer. Basically, I am looking for a wireless manager for the NOW screen for Spb Mobile Shell. I would like to control Wifi, BT etc from the NOW screen. I am not opposed to skinning mobile shell, but I would like a wireless manager, and the sound profile control as it is unskinned, being about to push the big speaker icon and control my phone profile from there. Anyone have any advice? Thanks!

Erik
Old 01-13-2009, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: Spb Mobile Shell Wireless Manager

Look into SPB Phone Suite. I believe there's a way to access it from the Now screen and it has the features you're looking for

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:59 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gramenz is a n00b

Awesome! Just what I was looking for. It does the trick. Maybe something else you can help me with. Is there a way to replace the 16 person contact page to say a 6 or a 9 contact page? Thanks again!

Erik
Old 01-13-2009, 04:13 PM
VIP Member

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Good to hear. As for your question, no fix immediately comes to mind and there doesn't appear to be anything available in the settings. There might be a reg tweak that will take care of this
Old 01-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramenz View Post
I have searched, and can't come up with a definite answer. Basically, I am looking for a wireless manager for the NOW screen for Spb Mobile Shell. I would like to control Wifi, BT etc from the NOW screen. I am not opposed to skinning mobile shell, but I would like a wireless manager, and the sound profile control as it is unskinned, being about to push the big speaker icon and control my phone profile from there. Anyone have any advice? Thanks!

Erik
If you use the imarche skins for mobile shell, you can get a control at the top of the Now screen that shows BT, wifi and phone on or off settings, pressing it brings up a wireless manager clone. The Now screen top bar also contains the speaker icon so yo can set Normal, Silent or vibrate mode.

If that doesn't do it, I suppose you could add the wireless manager et al to the My Menu button on the skin so you are only one click away.

Thinking out loud if you will.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

JonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good workJonV is keeping up the good work

Not sure if needed or not but I'm attaching screen shots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (14.7 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (11.1 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen03.jpg (5.8 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gramenz is a n00b

I installed SPB phone suite. I can control every aspect of the phone sound profile on the NOW screen, but I still can't turn on or off Wifi & bluetooth. I had it skinned with imarche before, but wasn't crazy about they layout. If there is anyway to control wireless from the NOW screen other than imarche, please let me know. Am I missing something with SPB phone suite? Thanks!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:56 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

ya I think you are. ,make sure you right click the spb phone suite icons(assuming you went to settings/today/items and checked it ) and add your wireless mgr there. Look at the wireless icon on top if my screen ,that controls bt,wifi,turn off phone,turn on flight mode
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen005.jpg (160.2 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:07 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

here is another detailed shot of what you should have
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen001.jpg (157.4 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-13-2009, 11:19 PM
VIP Member

If I read OP's post correctly, he's looking to be able to control the wireless manager from the Now screen, not the Today screen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software