PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   SKtool exclusive thread (Updated march 3rd,2010) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52340)

HBOOT 01-14-2009 09:02 AM

Re: SKtool exclusive thread

sktool is very solid and will actually help you get rid of glitches and annoyances

jmorton10 01-14-2009 09:33 AM

How the heck do you backup your system with SK??

Everytime I try to perform that action, it takes me to a screen telling me it will "reboot the system twice while restoring my device". I darn sure don't want to "restore" it & it couldn't anyway as it has never made a BU of the system????????/

~John

HBOOT 01-14-2009 09:41 AM

Honestly I have SPB,RESCO,and Sprite and I am not about to have another BU yet, I was able to back up Sktool itself I assume with settings and such but I didnt veture too far with its BU. Well when I hit BU on Sktool it takes me to a list of items My Dvice, tried to select and stopped right there...we ll figure it out. Javier dude said he did BU and restore may be he can chime in

tcatnat 01-14-2009 10:08 AM

In the maintenance section their is an SKTools Backup choice. Tap that and at the bottom left tap the 'Action' menu. At the bottom of that menu is 'Backup'. Tap that and select what type of backup you want to perform. Once selected choice Action>OK.

So to summarize:

Maintenance > SKTools Backup > Action > Backup > 'backup choice' > Action > OK

JAVIERBOND007 01-14-2009 10:22 AM

:mrgreen:
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 639067)

Everytime I try to perform that action, it takes me to a screen telling me it will "reboot the system twice while restoring my device". I darn sure don't want to "restore" it & it couldn't anyway as it has never made a BU of the system????????/

~John

I am performing a backup as we speak using SKTools Backup, this is what you do>>>SKTOOLS>>>Backup>>>Action>>>Backup>>>All System>>>(name your backup file and choose the location where you want it to be safed)>>>Action>>>OK>>>Then you will get this message:
"For this operation, SKTOOLS will restart your device twice.
If you use password protection software on your device, please DISABLE IT before using this feature.
Please only attemp to restore a full backup after performing a hard(clean) reset on your device.It is recomended that you perform the backup/restore while conected to AC power or with a fully charge battery.
If your device will not boot after 3-6 minutes, and the backup/restore status is not shown on the screen during auto soft reset, then perform a soft reset manually to continue"
Continue?
Yes or no?

Ima clicking on yes right now, the device screen shows wait....after restarting couple times it will take me to SKTools Backup menu, close it you are done...

JAVIERBOND007 01-14-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 639067)

~John

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND69 (Post 639122)

I am performing a backup as we speak using SKTools Backup, this is what you do>>>SKTOOLS>>>Backup>>>Action>>>Backup>>>All System>>>(name your backup file and choose the location where you want it to be safed)>>>Action>>>OK>>>Then you will get this message:
If you use password protection software on your device, please DISABLE IT before using this feature.
Please only attemp to restore a full backup after performing a hard(clean) reset on your device.It is recomended that you perform the backup/restore while conected to AC power or with a fully charge battery.
If your device will not boot after 3-6 minutes, and the backup/restore status is not shown on the screen during auto soft reset, then perform a soft reset manually to continue"
Continue?
Yes or no?

Ima clicking on yes right now, the device screen shows wait....after restarting couple times it will take me to SKTools Backup menu, close it you are done...

I did not see the option "reboot the system twice while restoring my device". any where thats new to me, i perform this operation really often never seen that message.

jmorton10 01-14-2009 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAVIERBOND69 (Post 639122)

Continue?
Yes or no?

OK, that's the same screen I got, but it scared me so I backed out of it. I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT want to "hard reset & restore a full backup"

JAVIERBOND007 01-14-2009 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 639156)
OK, that's the same screen I got, but it scared me so I backed out of it. I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT want to "hard reset & restore a full backup"

No worry you'll be ok thats the way is done...:mrgreen:

HBOOT 01-14-2009 11:05 AM

Come on Mr.Morton, dont be a chick...lol:mrgreen:

JAVIERBOND007 01-14-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbenz2008 (Post 639214)
Come on Mr.Morton, dont be a chick...lol:mrgreen:

hahaha:violent2: