PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'
Question So, here is what I'd like to do... (Screensaver)

I have the Touch Pro, and I dl'd that HUGE pack of pictures that can be used as VGA backgrounds... There are a few of those pictures that I really like, and when you tap on them, it shows the picture full screen. (No bars at all...)

I was wondering if there is a program out there that I could use so that, after a set time, it would show one (or more) of those pictures in full screen. I realize that just tapping on them can do that, but I would like to have a Screensaver type of deal, ya know? Something that, when I tap it, just goes back to the Today Screen...

Any ideas??

-Touche'

p.s. Sorry, that isn't worded very well, but I wasn't sure how else to describe what I'm looking for...lol
Old 01-01-2009, 06:49 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: So, here is what I'd like to do... (Screensaver)

see if this works. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=459276
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Touche' is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Touche'

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
Thank you, but this isn't really what I am looking for.

What I'm looking for is a program that will simply show one of my pictures in Full Screen with no bars, curtains, or icons....after a set amount of time w/o use. Then, on screen tap (or button press) the picture will fade away to show my today screen.

The above suggestion changes the background of your Today Screen....and I'm looking for a screensaver.

-Touche'
Old 01-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Touché, what you'd like seems to me should be easy to find. Apparently not so. Probably because it's better to shut down PPC and save battery. But if PPC is sitting idle in a charging cradle, for example, an auto slideshow after a couple minutes makes good sense. I've not seen anything exactly like that, but some time ago I did see something sort of close. It's called SereneScene, costs $9.95, and plays an animated aquarium screensaver with a few user definable variables. Let's hope somebody finds something better. In the meanwhile, here are a couple links.

Here's where I learned about it (scroll down abeery's post):
http://tinyurl.com/9k7jeb

Here's where it can be purchased:
http://www.serenescreen.com/product/ma-ppc/

Warning - The guy programmer wrote this app admits it uses lots of resources, like RAM and battery, so it's really meant only for use while idle and on external power.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software