PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   1/16/10 UPDATE* PANDORA! VGA + Registry fix (iPollesion)! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48458)

kettles 02-17-2009 02:22 PM

Re: PANDORA for WM is HERE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryn987 (Post 715997)
I'm running .4 right now with no issues. Is the .10 worth upgrading?

I have only gotten .10 to work, so I would say if you have no problems, and are satisfied, then stick with what you have. I wouldn't think that you would notice any difference in the two versions.. it is after all just going from 1.1.4 to 1.1.10.

CaliPhattie 02-17-2009 06:07 PM

The new Pandora 1.1.10 works PERFECTLY on my HTC 8525, unlike the previous version 1.1.4 that always showed me the "Debug Assertion Failed" error message when I started to play any song. No hard-reset is required, just installs and plays with good sound quality. The screen resolution fits nicely on the QVGA with the 240 x 320 (portrait) or flipped 320 x 240 (horizontal) resolution. On top of everything, Pandora's connection works with the unlimited AT&T MediaNet (WAP) data plan as well as over the Wi-Fi.

This Pandora plays in the background and when the screen is turned off, but there's one problem though... The application does not display a Pandora icon on the "X-Button" list menu when it's playing in the background. You will have to close the program from going back to the application itself. Furthermore, it seems like there's no volume control on this version either...

THE WAITING WAS FINALLY WORTH IT AND I NOW HAVE WORKING PANDORA ON MY PHONE!!

kettles 02-18-2009 11:03 AM

Bummer on the volume, on my 8925 the windows bar stays at the top, so the volume is right there.

psiphi 02-18-2009 12:21 PM

The new Pandora 1.1.10 works on my PPC6700 w/ WM6.1 as well...

ZlajaC 02-18-2009 01:01 PM

I found kind of a fix for the "pandora closing after playing a song problem"... I have a htc touch with sprint and pandora works fine now except whenever a song is played, pandora closes and i have to restart it again... to solve this just open your station that you want to listen to and then go to the station list... this time after a song is finished it will go to the next one as long as the station list is open...

camoody1 02-19-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZlajaC (Post 720587)
I found kind of a fix for the "pandora closing after playing a song problem"... I have a htc touch with sprint and pandora works fine now except whenever a song is played, pandora closes and i have to restart it again... to solve this just open your station that you want to listen to and then go to the station list... this time after a song is finished it will go to the next one as long as the station list is open...

I have the latest (1.1.10, I think) version of the .cab on my Sprint HTC Touch Pro and this fix does NOT resolve my issue. A song will play nearly to the end (maybe 30 seconds left) and then Pandora will lock-up. I have to close the application, reopen it, and the next song will load. It has nothing to do with the device going into sleep mode or shutting off. This issue really makes the application non-viable at this time for a Touch Pro.:(

tbot 02-23-2009 07:59 PM

I have a Sprint Diamond and can't ever get a text box to appear to log in, tried the suggestions posted on here, but no luck :(

Not sure what else to do.

psiphi 02-24-2009 06:28 PM

On using 1.1.10 a little more now, I've notice that sometimes it moves the home screen down a couple lines when Pandora is closed, and requires a soft boot to fix... Odd and annoying...

avgas 02-27-2009 11:12 AM

Newest version worked briefly, but won't play the whole song anymore, what is up with this? They should have a fix for this already

copper rs 02-27-2009 01:55 PM

I hope sprint doesn't mind that I have streamed over 4GB of data in the last 2 weeks with this app. :) Glad my SERO account is unlimited or I would end up like this guy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,144070