PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   G-Sensor Applications/Games (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47267)

falzon03 03-19-2009 06:49 PM

Re: G-Sensor Applications/Games

the make of the phones doesnt really matter......what matters is the operating system and the hardware.....if it is just a simple game (no gsensor) that can use a touch screen then it will work on most windows mobile 6.1 devices....the game copter for example...its a touch screen based game where you avoid obstacles by flying higher or lower (touching the screen makes you fly higher) this game works on any windows mobile 6.1 device with a touch screen...so its the programming of the game + what hardware is needed for the game

easiest comparison....its exactly like a computer.....you and a friend have a computer game for windows xp.....your computer is a dell his is an hp...the game works on both computers....its bc your both using windows xp

Quote:

Originally Posted by x10guy (Post 783887)
Not quite sure I get it... Is it really Windows Mobile or the fact that the diamond and TP are made by the same company at approximately the same time with approximately the same feature set. There are a few differences but the main one is that the TP has the slide out keyboard.

I don't really their compatibility is due simply because it is running Windows Mobile.

z28marols1 03-20-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falzon03 (Post 783902)
the make of the phones doesnt really matter......what matters is the operating system and the hardware.....if it is just a simple game (no gsensor) that can use a touch screen then it will work on most windows mobile 6.1 devices....the game copter for example...its a touch screen based game where you avoid obstacles by flying higher or lower (touching the screen makes you fly higher) this game works on any windows mobile 6.1 device with a touch screen...so its the programming of the game + what hardware is needed for the game

easiest comparison....its exactly like a computer.....you and a friend have a computer game for windows xp.....your computer is a dell his is an hp...the game works on both computers....its bc your both using windows xp

this is exactly right. The code is built to work with a specific operating system, in this case windows mobile. Some games do require specific hardware, ie. games that rely on the gsensor. In fact, even if you didnt have a gsensor most of those games would still run, you just wouldn't be able to use that part of the game. The only catch is that there are apps out there built to control specific parts of the hardware (like flashlight or nuelight, for example). Those may not work on just any phone thats running windows mobile...

falzon03 03-20-2009 05:55 PM

thats right...i didnt even put those applications to though....i think we got all the grounds covered between our posts though lol.....anymore questions about it you can just pm me and ill shoot you some links explaining it

Quote:

Originally Posted by z28marols1 (Post 785025)
this is exactly right. The code is built to work with a specific operating system, in this case windows mobile. Some games do require specific hardware, ie. games that rely on the gsensor. In fact, even if you didnt have a gsensor most of those games would still run, you just wouldn't be able to use that part of the game. The only catch is that there are apps out there built to control specific parts of the hardware (like flashlight or nuelight, for example). Those may not work on just any phone thats running windows mobile...

denti 03-23-2009 12:55 PM

been watching some tv lately and am noticing *alot* of iphone commericals with some good/ fun apps. which we had some of those apps/ games to kill time with.

tsowen 05-13-2009 03:29 PM

Which ones exactlly? I know a few guys at XDA are working on some of the iPhone games/apps. Let me know what ones and I will try to get an update for you guys.

toviaheli 05-13-2009 06:01 PM

G1 Toddler Lock!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=440018

Needs developing! :-)

(((BOOM))) 05-14-2009 09:13 PM

Dose the phone have to be unlocked to install these apps ?

tsowen 05-15-2009 01:11 PM

No, most are just cabs that you install.

ruben1221 05-28-2009 06:16 PM

Does anybody know a registration code for the sudoku touch game? I need one if anyone can help. Thanks

ruben1221 05-29-2009 10:59 AM

mmmm.... no responses yet... I 'll keep waiting.....
Hopefully some one can help.

speck 05-30-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruben1221 (Post 942645)
mmmm.... no responses yet... I 'll keep waiting.....
Hopefully some one can help.

No one is going to - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=68

tsowen 06-01-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speck (Post 944863)

Indeed Ruben1221 might want to read up on the forum rules!

ruben1221 06-02-2009 01:09 PM

I do apologize, I will read and sorry for wasting everyones time on trying to help me. Back to reading for me... Thanks for pointing me in the right direction and now I understand what I will post the next time I need help.

w7excursion 06-15-2009 04:35 AM

hd Wobble iWobble is fun lol http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2009/06/...e-version.html

VanKurt 06-16-2009 03:11 PM

Also check out "hdBoobs" (the windows mobile version of iBoobs):

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...44#post3968544

(So far this is only tested on HTC TouchHD and Diamond 2, there could be lots of problems on other phones...)

hippy43 12-09-2009 10:24 AM

GREAT stuff! Just got my TP last week and it looks like I'm going to be real busy trying out all the cool apps!

Thanks for taking the time to post these!

Hippy

Grandboy3000 01-09-2010 12:50 PM

you should add groovefish to this list. find it here: search in google: groovefish windows mobile it is a music playing app. sorry for no link. im not aloud to post a link yet.

psiphi 01-15-2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ (Post 553460)
Subscribed...

I wish the light saber app were a bit more sensitive, but other than that, great collection!

This is going to sound odd, but try turning off the Random Option in Media Player, and see if it works bettter... (This is the same bug that is in Pandora) I discovered the Diamond VR Hologram did not work correctly till I did this... Just a thought...

ibfromoakcali 02-08-2010 03:37 AM

Two questions:
1. Is there an app that makes the home screen flip using the g sensor instead of just the slide out keyboard.
2. Has anyone gotten the Hologram program to work on the touch pro 2?

psiphi 02-16-2010 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibfromoakcali (Post 1549697)
Two questions:
1. Is there an app that makes the home screen flip using the g sensor instead of just the slide out keyboard.
2. Has anyone gotten the Hologram program to work on the touch pro 2?

1) There are a few, that usually start with "g". (I don't use them, but have tested them before) Look on the first post in this thread... I used Gyrator 2 at one point...
2) Odd as it sounds, turn off the Random Option in Media Player, Soft Boot, then try Hologram again... Same bug that causes Pandora problems also causes problems in Diamond Hologram... (At least on a Touch Pro, don't know about the TP2.)

colpra 02-28-2010 04:51 AM

looking for some to work on htc hd2 any info would be help full thks

tsowen 03-03-2010 09:51 AM

I will be updating this very soon

Siddhartha 04-22-2010 02:09 PM

soon plz :D

saurabh88 06-20-2010 02:13 AM

that's great dude

mikeliius 06-29-2010 05:20 AM

www.sportypal.com

Makes the morning cycle a bit more interesting trying to beat your best time. It also has settings for running and walking.

You get all the info of your session including top speed, average speed, altitude climbed and descended. Also an approximation of calories burned. Best of all you can upload it all onto your profile and you get snazzy little maps and graphs to stare at.

harish2312 03-23-2011 03:52 AM

will check them out for sure...
thanks for sharing

tzounas 05-23-2011 01:28 PM

thanks