PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: SPRINT

wchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwchamblee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omnia Interface for VGA Devices

Download here: http://www.1800pocketpc.com/2008/11/...ga-device.html

I have instaled it on my Touch. Its cool so far, still playing with it.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:52 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Omnia Interface for VGA Devices

So far works pretty good but not very touch friendly all the launch items are very small. Looks great on my TP screen though. The contacts are hard to hit with my fat fingers and the contacts page that pops up when I select phone book is totally unusable. That the lack of weather and the fact that the music widgets don't work tell me that this needs some more work to be a good addition for my Touch Pro. I am still using and testing but I will most likely go back to Touch Flow soon.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dai_shan is becoming a great contributor

I've been interested in this for a little while.

How is the battery life? speed?
Old 11-29-2008, 12:11 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Here are some screen shots:

I have bean using this for a couple of days now and I will keep it around for show but there are to many issues to keep it as my main today screen. Some of the widgets don't work like the music player widgets, there is no weather, and there is no way to lock the widgets once you have them where you want them. Other than that everything works as expected on my Touch Pro no lag all system functions like call log email notifications have continued to work. When flipping from Landscape to portrait it dose take some time I guess this would be lag so correction there is some lag but only when rotating the screen. This could be a keeper if there was a way to make your own widgets.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:47 AM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

if only samsung would share their TouchWiz...it is gimmicky...but the customization and functionality would be great if everything worked...esp, like you said, if we can make our own widgets.

thnx for posting your results
Old 11-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Wow... I dunno, it looks like a giant cluster-f**k to me... too much going on and not presented in a coherent manner. Perhaps I'm just used to Spb Mobile Shell and TouchFLO, or perhaps it's because I HATE widget-based apps like the Vista sidebar, etc.

More power to you though if it works for you.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:42 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

my whizzing rom should be out soon i just need a tester

Old 11-30-2008, 06:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Nexus One-Sold, Evo, Epic
Carrier: Sprint, T-Mobile

turb0rexx is a n00b

I installed everything listed on 1800pocketpc and rebooted.
Touchwiz works but its really small and covers only a portion of the top left today screen. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by turb0rexx; 11-30-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:06 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

first try, ill get it soon.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
first try, ill get it soon.
can you change time zones bc i tried switching it to eastern time zone for the home setting and it kept switching back to London?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software