PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   app you can't live without? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=34684)

nursie 09-01-2008 02:17 PM

Re: app you can't live without?

so far the one must-have for me is agenda one. I enjoy tons of the free stuff around, but agenda one is the only one I,ve found worth paying for. (mort buttons is worth it too)

nxtech3 09-01-2008 03:28 PM

Must Have for me, is either SPB Backup or Sprite Backup. Normally one of the first applications installed (besides what included in the ROM i am using) Other than that is Sprint TV (to pass the many hours of work) and Skyfire Browser

sharpdude 09-02-2008 06:38 PM

WMWiFiRouter

retrobits 09-02-2008 07:31 PM

PictoPocket, after that eReader, after that TCPMP

msswitch 09-03-2008 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharpdude (Post 401760)
WMWiFiRouter

Same here. Its my personal, portable wireless access. I've made lots of new friends among iPod touch users - they all want to access my wifi to download songs while on the go.

Craig540 09-03-2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msswitch (Post 402189)
Same here. Its my personal, portable wireless access. I've made lots of new friends among iPod touch users - they all want to access my wifi to download songs while on the go.

Cool I will try this for my daughter, she will love it while on long trips in the SUV.

Craig540 09-04-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig540 (Post 402326)
Cool I will try this for my daughter, she will love it while on long trips in the SUV.

I thought WMWiFiRouter could use my Titans Verizon data connection.

So if I have WiFi access then who ever is with me will also.
Why do I need WMWiFiRouter.

Darkness231 09-04-2008 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig540 (Post 403576)

No, WMWiFiRouter uses your cellular data network for the connection to the internet and uses the Titans WiFi antenna as a WiFi access point, so anyone around you that has a WiFi device that supports the Ad-Hoc networking can have internet access

yearn 09-12-2008 10:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
these are a few apps I use daily, I got them all from xda and ppcgeeks but i cant remember all the developers but none of them are mine. so no credit goes to me. the first is o2plus2 its a really nice app i use on my today screen,you can add endless icons(shortcuts) and organize them all under seperate tabs. The only problem i'v had is the dialer periodically popping up but I found this phoneapp fix on here and it totally fixed it. I also found a little .cab that makes your phone vibe when you use your phone dial pad,its pretty cool. the last is the pocketcm keyboard with the 2manyphones skin. the skin developer is 2manyphones over at xda(maybe here to??) hes got some other pretty cool skins to if you want to check them out. ill include a .zip of all the .cab files and a couple of screenshots. Actually im not gonna post the pcm keyboard, you should probably go to http://www.pocketcm.com/ to download it. I dont wanna p!ss anyone off. hope you enjoy!

xweaponx 09-12-2008 01:12 PM

It may not be utilized on a daily basis or incite jealously in others for its glamor, graphics or innovation but is unrivaled for its overall capabilities & performance on the PPC platform:

SKTools (Currently using V4.3.2.2)

I have had SKTools installed on every PPC device since my PPC-6600 and will never do without it...

elmerfudpucker 09-15-2008 01:00 PM

Resco radio, gets rid of boring silence!!!

harlem135th 09-15-2008 06:11 PM

For Me..Sirius radio mobile wm5 (works very well bluetooth streaming in my home and nice music on the go through my headset sirius stiletto 2 yeah right saved 309.99).

Skyfire (you already Know)..MemMaid (for those hard apps that will not uninstall and tweaks)..Qik (for when i travel i can show the fam)..

MikeElGiga23 09-15-2008 06:22 PM

htc youtube!!!! best freakin app ever
PocketSNES, best video games in your PPC
Opera Mobile With Flash, need i say more??? everything in one browser finally

jmorton10 09-15-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harlem135th (Post 417094)
For Me..Sirius radio mobile wm5 (works very well bluetooth streaming in my home and nice music on the go through my headset sirius stiletto 2 yeah right saved 309.99).

LOL, yea I had already bought a Stilleto 2 before I discovered Sirius WM5 (I had an Verizon Env phone at the time). I will put the Stilleto on ebay one of these days, I haven't used it once since I bought my XV6800 & Motorola S9 BT stereo headset............

~John

jmorton10 09-15-2008 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike20pr (Post 417111)
Opera Mobile With Flash, need i say more??? everything in one browser finally

Same with Kinoma except Kinoma's youtube playback is MUCH MUCH better than ANY other option (including Skyfire).

~John

d-kahn 09-15-2008 09:17 PM

Touchflow 2d but make sure you get the opal audio manager and the htc youtube cab. I am running it on a sprint vogue and I am using WDM's ROM.=D>

And use update #9 of touchflow 2d.

denasqu 09-15-2008 10:00 PM

My Mobiler. Just downloaded this free app. It allows you to work on your ppc with a desktop pc... do screen caps, and record video of your ppc desktop. It's very handy if you have an app that only runs on your ppc.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/get-...iler-v1-2.html

msswitch 09-22-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig540 (Post 403576)

WMWifiRouter will take your phone's signal, in my case I'm on Sprint's Rev A high speed network, with my HTC Titan and "send" it out so that people can pick up the wifi signal on their devices. I use my phone as a means for getting online with my laptop. Instead of using bluetooth or a usb cord, I simply turn on WMWifiRouter and then I can pick up that signal on my laptop and use it to get online. Make sense?

CoolCutta7 09-25-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bestjudge (Post 400191)
I can leave without them but here are my fav free programs:

Rltoday - calendars, notifications, time ,date and shortcuts on today screen !
Quickmenu - best start menu replacment and task manager/ switcher
Parlingo - good IM program)
Opera mini - i use 8.65 mostly but it comes in handy sometimes
Avanced config - good program that edits registry
Alreader2 - best ebook reader
Batti - battery line on top of the screen .... vistaHide alt
CapSure - capture your pda screen
ClearTemp -clears temp files,very usefull to me as i tend not to use Memmaid
Google maps - maps maps maps
GsPlayer - very good sound.small ram use.Good Qualizer. Looks r little Ugly!
Haali Reader - another ebook reader
Converter - Currency , temp, lengths etc...
Icontact burts edition - super contact manager finger scroll
Live search - good program with maps to search for different things in area
Mymobiler - control pda from computer
PlaylistMng - another usefull program to create playlists
S2v - every knows this one =D>
Setvolume - big buttons volume control
smms - sprint picture mail
tcpmp with flash bundle - good video player supports youtube
total commander - super file manager plus FTP and registry
tv guide - usefull.... i like tv
VisualGPSce - information bout gps signal speed satl's

and alot of non-free programs that we wont write bout here bec they all want my money!!!

Hey! you have a link for any of these? Thanks!

jmorton10 09-25-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolCutta7 (Post 433379)
Hey! you have a link for any of these? Thanks!

Just do a google search, they are all easy to find.

~John

MLU 09-30-2008 01:00 PM

In order of usage:

Resco keyboard
TodayAgenda
tMan
Google Maps

Lylej2k 09-30-2008 01:05 PM

Resco Explorer
SK Tools
YouTube
S2P
S2V
Tracky
Skyfire
The Weather Chanel
Quick menu

jaredakelly 10-12-2008 08:41 PM

ultimate launch!
s2p
newest opera build with flash and zoom features....no other browser competes
vito tech sms and keyboard
latest minimal dialer, best/cleanest looking dialer out
google maps
wifi-router

bboyneko 12-26-2008 05:04 PM

Quickmenu +wktask
Resco Explorer+ Registry Editor
iContacts + iDialer
Call Firewall 1.4
gyrator 2
s2u2
Slick Messenger
TF3D Config + Vodafone theme
Sprint Navigation /Google Maps

JAVIERBOND007 12-26-2008 05:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
System Seven is my favorite, i can get emails into my device from all my email addresses soonest they get to email address; together with Parlingo, i can access all my IMs with one click is a good couple there...

jtcrusader 12-26-2008 06:05 PM

SPB Mobile Shell with the iPhone theme from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=419414

The Doctor 12-26-2008 06:13 PM

Total Commander!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+Seven
+Resco Radio

ljepava 12-26-2008 07:42 PM

pocket tunes
netfront
chronos
selectradio
total commander
pocket grandmaster
comic reader
core player
isilo
memaid
diamondtv
tcpmp
free ram
task manager
foxit reader
google maps
hp ipaq driver update
xcpuscalar
wisbar advance 3
microsoft net. 3.5
apptodate
srs wowhd
opera
oxios memory
pocket rar
resco explorer
resco photo
sktools
power manager
pocket notepad
cleartemp
viigo
flex mail
wefi
youtubeplay

cattledogit 01-06-2009 05:16 PM

Pocket Player's DSP Stretch plugin lets you listen to podcasts, audiobooks, and longwinded speakers 20%-45% faster without changing pitch.

Select "DSP Stretch" and "Adjust Rate" on the DSP Options tab. http://www.conduits.com/products/player/

kyle4269 01-06-2009 05:30 PM

Resco file + registry explorer
S2U2
Sprite Terminator
Garmin Mobile XT
All of them a must have right now.

bestjudge 01-06-2009 08:18 PM

Newsbreak rss reader
Opera
Lingvo
Haali ebook reader

focusedlife 01-15-2009 12:40 PM

claunch

It is simple, crisp and clean. 1 touch for you favorite applications. It has icons on the today screen. Its been out for years and is still my favorite.

sparhawk6 01-15-2009 01:14 PM

Kinoma Player is the best audio player for WM. I love it.

k_semler 01-16-2009 12:14 AM

One app I haven't seen mentioned that is the VERY FIRST thing I always install on my phone: File Explorer Extensions. It makes the default WM Explore much more usable, and adds some very essential feature, (such as image preview, differenty viewing modes, Sort By... , Open With... , Properties, adjustable description bars, cascadinb context menus, etc). I highly reccomend this software.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/img2...extensions.jpg

funbobnopants 01-16-2009 12:39 AM

Mine is also Quick Menu. It can found at Pocketpcfreeware.mobi After going to that website there's a search function at the top, type in Quick Menu, use the version with the most recent date. If this helps please hit thanks, I'm a Thanks virgin LOL

funbobnopants 01-16-2009 12:46 AM

Second favorite is Viigo. This is a free rss feeder that IMO is much better than what is built into my TP, great tech sites can be accessed, and most show pictures which makes it better than the built in rss feeder. It's a Microsoft product and is freeware. It can be found at Viigo.com Still a Thanks virgin hit it.

funbobnopants 01-16-2009 01:18 AM

Thanks bestjudge you got my ch***y. Another must have I don't see mentioned is Dashwire. It can be found at Dashwire.com What it does is mirrors everything on your phone on your own website. Pictures & videos, contacts, text messages, phone call history. Downloads everything back to my vogue, on my Diamond and TP it saves everything but dosn't redownload PIE bookmarks back to the phone. But on all three of my phones it works flawlessly to redownload contacts complete with contact pictures!!! Great after a hard reset or changing phones. Come to think of it this is my Number 1 since I don't have a home PC to back up anything. These phones are consuming my extra $$$.

funbobnopants 01-16-2009 01:38 AM

Thanks bestjudge you got my che**y. Come to think of it my Number 1 is Dashwire, found at Dashwire.com What this does is gives you your own website which mirrors everything on your phone, pictures & video's, bookmarks on PIE, text messages, phone call history and all your CONTACTS complete with contact pictures! It uploads all before mentioned to your own secure website, and gives you an application for your phone so you can redownload contacts complete with contact pictures, bookmarks, back to your phone (It does not redownload PIE bookmarks to my Diamond or TP because of Opera) but uploads everything on all three of my phones. Since I don't have a PC at home to save anything to, this is my most important application. Come and give me more thanks, like anything you get it once and you got to have more. LOL

lcutts 01-20-2009 09:28 PM

EZ Wallet and SlingPlayer Mobile

wraith79 01-26-2009 04:26 PM

For me it has to be Vicsoft Cleartemp! Gets right in there and cleans any unwanted data in your phone!