PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

xxza is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up (29 July 2008) S2U2 v1.12 - lock

I just tested it on my htc touch - can not find any bugs yet. Below is A_C's post:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=412418

(29 July 200 S2U2 v1.12 - lock
Hey guys,

Although S2U2 is now called v1.12, it doesn't mean it can be run perfectly on your device. Thanks to different devices produced by different vendors. So, please test it before use it everyday, especially the CallerID function.

What is S2U2?
S2U2 (Slide2Unlock2) is a simple lock/unlock application which has the iPhone style slide unlocking. It can be used as a screensaver while you don't use your device. And it's has a CallerID function (but some devices may not work, so please try it first); S2P control plugin; and volume control.

Prerequisition:
- WM5 Phone or WM6/6.1 Professional devices
- free RAM: at least 1M for QVGA; 3M for VGA

Changes of v1.12
- fixed the blank screen problem introduced in v1.10.
- enlarged the responsing area of the slide button.

Changes of v1.10
- added option to replace the system Volume Control; & optional transparent background. (it's by default maps to the Volume Up/Down keys; to run it on other keys, map to a .lnk file with command -vc, e.g. "\program files\s2u2\s2u2.exe" -vc, but S2U2 must be running in the background)
(thanks ValeraVi & MarcLandis for their help)

- added option to lock the hardware keys further by "Keyboard Hook"; useful to those devices that come with some keys that cannot be locked in the previous version; but may conflict with other key remapping software; When it's disabled, the Volume Up/Down keys will not be mapped with the new Volume Control.

- in pair with "Keyboard Hook", use ReLockWaitMS to set how long (in ms) it will wait & relock again.

- added option not to double check the Backlight; useful to those devices that the "IdleStart" does not function in the previous version.

- reworked the CallerID function; if your device does not work with the previous version, try this.

- added option to have "slide to answer" always on or only when locked.

- fixed the key problem with CallerID when a call waiting is incoming.

- added option to display a maximum of 5 today/tomorrow's appointments.

- added option not to call the running S2P when unlock.

- added option not to display any unread alert. How? Delete "notice.png" under the \GFX folder; restart iLock2.

- fixed the scrolling bug in S2U2 Settings.

- separate CAB files for QVGA(low-res) & VGA(high-res) devices.

- some minor bugs fixed.

- updated the Configuration & FAQs sections of the README.TXT.

Download
QVGA CAB file
http://asapload.com/137052
VGA CAB file
http://asapload.com/137053

Language Pack (Afrikaans, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, FYROM, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese BR, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish & Turkish) Most of them are still not completed yet. Read the LangReadme.txt for the changes. Please let me know if you can complete them.
http://asapload.com/136905

Clock Pack
http://asapload.com/120563

Reset Unread Count
It's attached (ResetUnreadCount.cab) at the bottom of this post. If your device has suspicious unknown count of any unread email/vmail/sms/mms, use this CAB file to reset them.

Lock/Unlock Sound Sample

For details, as usual, please read the README or the next post first, especially the Known limitations & FAQs before posting your questions here.

To show your appreciation, pls CLICK HERE to make a donation.

(@ALL LINK POSTERS: I know most of you do not post the donation link on your reposted message. That's fine. But I hope you can at least post the link of this thread so that your visitors know the source of S2U2. Thanks.)

Command Switch of iLock2:
iLock2.exe accepts the following command switches:
-slide to start/invoke S2U2
-nomsg to not to show any message even it closes itself & S2U2
-refresh to reload the registry settings & restart S2U2
-reset to reset the unread counts of SMS, MMS, email & vmail
Last edited by A_C; Today at 03:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: (29 July 2008) S2U2 v1.12 - lock

You beat me to it. It works great on my touch as well. The only thing to be careful about is if you are re-loading the gfx folder with your clocks, batteries, wallpapers, etc simply by replacing the folder as a wholesale change you will lose the volume graphics that were added in this update. The first time I did this then I had to re-install the new version and then add my clocks, etc.. After I have created my new gfx folder I can copy the entire folder and save a back-up version to my storage card so I don't have to reload everything individually.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

riironman is just getting started

how is the battery life on the touch with this new version? i havent used it since v86 and i think it drained the battery a little more than its usual.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No battery issues with this application. I do have an OEM 1880 extended battery so I haven't had a battery problem since.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:13 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

I don't like this build - dropped back to 1.01

It wasn't locking when the screen went off and I pocket dialed about 4 people. Settings were correct. Just major fail on s2u2's part.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 07-31-2008, 02:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Just to keep up to date, 1.13 is out, minor bug fixes, nothing major:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...65&postcount=1

Changes of v1.13
- fixed the bug when there is a tomorrow all-day event.
- fixed the bug that change orientation when there is an incoming call.
- fixed the transparency background for 320x320 device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software