PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2008, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800

themirthfulswami is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Corporate-Speak Generator for Flash Lite 2.1

Hi all!

About a year ago I'd created this Flash application at the request of a few colleagues around the office. Couple weeks back I stumbled across the source files on my home PC and thought it'd be a funny idea to tweak it into a Pocket PC friendly app that anyone could use on-the-go to create some funny office-speak.

The current version supports two "modes". One to create random or custom-crafted phrases, the other to randomly generate full sentences of corporate jargon with a rolling history that you can peruse. The phrase mode allows you to randomly swap out verbs, adjectives and nouns independently.. or to specify a custom noun of your choice.

The app uses an XML file as a word database, so you can easily add or change the pre-supplied words and phrases!

I do plan to add a few more features to it in the near future, as well as make the interface slightly more finger-friendly. It works pretty well now but the performance could use some tweaking (animations get a little choppy at times).

So, hopefully some of you can have some fun with this. Its been a riot around my office so far and a few of the guys have put it on their phones to fool around with in meetings

Install is easy, open the zip file, copy folder to device, run SWF file. Flash Lite 2.1 is the only requirement. It should support all standard resolution configurations (elements should reposition themselves based on screen size/orientation) as well as both touch and non-touch screen devices.

If anyone has any issues running it, please let me know and I will try to fix it

Oh yeah, you can run this in a regular Flash player on your desktop as well in case anyone wants to fire it up there instead.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg display_1.jpg (10.7 KB, 76 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg display_3.jpg (11.0 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip BS Generator.zip (19.2 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by themirthfulswami; 07-15-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: Corporate-Speak Generator for Flash Lite 2.1

haha. i like.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software