PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2008, 07:43 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Software for finger scrolling through programs..

i'd figure someone would either modify icontact's source for this or tene would pick up the idea.

what im looking for is an application selection menu similar to android to replace the start menu
i hate using the start menu on winmo phones because it requires your stylus and i think a lightweight application like this would benefit us and make settings and application finger selection easy.

the software could simply read whats in the start folder and expand to the next page for subfolder categories like settings
i want it to act like icontact or pcmcontact

also much like the instinct, check out the ui of this and you'll see the menuing like i want\
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoJTDB9AmpE

I sent this pm to tene in hopes to get a response back, if anyone else would like to see something like this.. speak up

Quote:
I have an idea for you to add to your project list.
I dont know if youve already thought about or if anyone else has requested. I'd definately be willing to donate again for this.

What im looking for is an alternative to using the tiny start menu in windows mobile.

similar to how android and the sprint instinct handles their application/program sorting and selection. As a scrolling vertical menu. If a category has a subcategory, the selection will slide to the next screen with its sub items.

I can see this as being easily created based around your pcm framework, because it'll be a stripped down pcmcontacts, but instead of contacts it'll list your programs and settings.

thanks for listening.
-torx

Last edited by Torx; 06-23-2008 at 07:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Software for finger scrolling through programs..

I would also be interested in something like this. Good idea Torx.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: sprint

s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to s4n3_0n3

that would be nice to have but for know i have spb pocket plus to scroll trough every thing very finger friendly>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 06-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Not sure if this is what your taking about but Wisbar Advance 3 has a "start panel" that you can assign to a button or shortcut that almost does what you are looking for....Its doesnt have the settings or control panel stuff though.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4n3_0n3 View Post
that would be nice to have but for know i have spb pocket plus to scroll trough every thing very finger friendly>>>>>>>>>>>>>
FTouchFlo aswell
Old 06-23-2008, 02:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc 6900
Carrier: sprint

s4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuffs4n3_0n3 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to s4n3_0n3

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
FTouchFlo aswell
i second
Old 06-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vogues & an S4 Mini

MrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuffMrGoodtunes knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Torx said: "...software could simply read whats in the start folder..."

You can have this now, thanks to freeware app GS Finder Plus. A finger friendly shortcut icon on my Today Screen links me to GSFinder+, which can look like this directly from home (i.e. the next screen after today screen):

Info re GSF+ is here: http://tinyurl.com/62eshh

Last edited by MrGoodtunes; 10-26-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC P3600i

djinoz is a n00b

Have a look at PoiunUI Home

http://www.pointui.com/
Old 06-30-2008, 11:28 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

I would like to see somebody develop an interface that makes ALL areas of Mobile Windows finger friendly. I am not just talking about intial front ends to access things, but all aspects, contacts, e-mail, media player. Change the format for ALL of them to make them more finger friendly be default.
Heck I am sure it would be easy to have a setting set for "classic Mobile Windows" and "finger friendly Mobile Windows" or something.....
Old 06-30-2008, 11:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: VZW

tsvb is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
I would like to see somebody develop an interface that makes ALL areas of Mobile Windows finger friendly. I am not just talking about intial front ends to access things, but all aspects, contacts, e-mail, media player. Change the format for ALL of them to make them more finger friendly be default.
Heck I am sure it would be easy to have a setting set for "classic Mobile Windows" and "finger friendly Mobile Windows" or something.....

And by "somebody" you mean Microsoft right?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software