PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 08:20 AM
dearls

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Opera Mini 4.1 Beta is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4shizzle View Post
it tends to freeze up after a few minutes of browsing, and it also tends to stop loading images fully after a while as well, it seems like, at first it runs great, but after like 5 min of browsing it starts to bug up pretty bad, i'm using the multiple certificate version by the way

also has anyone noticed that facebook has been freezing no matter what version of opera mini you use? it will freeze after going through a few pages
I am getting this same problem and it sucks since I noticed some new features in 4.1 that are better. oh well back to 4.0 till they get their **** together i guess.....LOL
Old 04-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Indigenous Nudist
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

first website i went to was all garbled and messed up..
looks to have some great features ahead though!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajones7279 View Post
Yea, the default midlet manager doesn't work well with Opera Mini. There's a better one out but I can't find to link to it right now
Try here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5&postcount=24
Old 04-04-2008, 04:47 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

That is an OLD Jbed...

there is one that was ported from the Kaiser... its 2008/2/22 I believe... it works very well.

But yes, Opera Mini 4.1 DOES freeze up jbed on my Titan, both JRebeiro (which is also newer and better than Cloudyfa's) and the new one (which is available in the new Titan kitchen). Also, I can not get file downloads to work... it will browse the folders on the device but it says error fetching file every time.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 04-04-2008, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

BlkCat is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManuTouch View Post
This is a good guide about how to get Opera Mini working....all that's written in there pertains to the official Opera Mini 4 version. Not sure how much of that has changed in 4.1. I don't want to try 4.1 out yet because I rather wait for the official release since 4 is working fine for me now.

This link includes a link to the esmertec jbed with which Opera Mini 4 runs perfectly stable. The default java crashed quickly with my Touch.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...t-manager.html

Thanks! I'll try this now to see if it helps.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue (Sprint)

TucanMobile is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
That is an OLD Jbed...
Also, I can not get file downloads to work... it will browse the folders on the device but it says error fetching file every time.
I've been having the same problem getting the download to work. It's pretty annoying. If I figure anything out I'll post back.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

imlkrsfn is a n00b

Can any of you guys use opera to download stuff? Every time I try to download anything it says error and I have to use internet explorer and it takes forever to figure out how to copy the certain link I want or how I got to that website very frustrating.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
opera mini 4.1 and ppcgeeks website login?

Having trouble logging in to ppcgeeks from opera mini 4.1 put in the user name and pass, it says logged in and redirecting, but it doesn't redirect, and when i click the link you're supposed to click when it doesn't do it automatically, i'm directed back to the login page... anyone else having this issue? wasn't a problem with mini 4.0.

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 04-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Threads merged.

late,
Coz
Old 04-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff
Red face Re: Opera Mini 4.1 Beta is out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
That is an OLD Jbed...

there is one that was ported from the Kaiser... its 2008/2/22 I believe... it works very well.

But yes, Opera Mini 4.1 DOES freeze up jbed on my Titan, both JRebeiro (which is also newer and better than Cloudyfa's) and the new one (which is available in the new Titan kitchen). Also, I can not get file downloads to work... it will browse the folders on the device but it says error fetching file every time.
Sorry, didn't realize it was an old version of Jbed... I use the jbed from the Apache WM61Kitchen with build ID 20070802.2.1... Do you have a link to the newer version?

I am having to click on the "OPEN" button to download, which it does through PIE too...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software