PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2009, 03:34 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Ultimate Launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlip3 View Post
What do you mean "still letting me have htc home"? Do you mean you can still use TF3D? Can that be one of the tabs? When you are on that tab, does TF3D function normally?
I'm guessing qwho means the HTC Home Plugin.
Old 03-19-2009, 01:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt

mcmexican is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Nice, I just wish the cube were smooth on a VGA device as well... Sadly, I think I have to ditch the whole cube effect if I want to use this, as the slowdown/slide show effect negates having it at all.

What are you using for your first tab? That's a really cool plugin setup.
I am using it on a VGA device. Thats a phonealarm skin.

-McMex
Old 03-23-2009, 01:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmexican View Post
I am using it on a VGA device. Thats a phonealarm skin.

-McMex
The cube on a VGA? You don't find it annoyingly slow?
Old 03-24-2009, 12:41 AM
Lurker

mcmexican is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
The cube on a VGA? You don't find it annoyingly slow?
Its not slow at all you can speed it up in the settings. I find it really fast actually and to me even a cube that is a little slow is better than touchflo anyday.

-McMex
Old 03-31-2009, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dzags is just getting started

Okay so I've been reading up on Ultimate Launch and it looks pretty nifty. I have a Touch Pro and was thinking of trying this out to see if I like it more then TF3D.

The ideal setup I would like to have is one where I have what I believe is HTC Home on the bottom half, and I can rotate the top to either apps or weather, there was also one I saw with home as well as a search bar. What do I need to do this?

I tried setting up a tab with HTC Home and it would crash my Touch Pro and require a hard reset. I then tried downloading a different HTC Home (I believe it was 2.1) and that one also crashed my Touch Pro. Am I doing something wrong? I hard reset like 10 times trying to figure it out tonight.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzags View Post

I tried setting up a tab with HTC Home and it would crash my Touch Pro and require a hard reset.
Make sure the plugin is not checked off on your Today screen along with it being on a UL tab. Also, any changes made within the plugin have to be oustide of UL, ie disable UL, enable the plugin on your Today screen, make changes, disable plugin on Today screen and re-enable UL.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Am I doing something wrong? I hard reset like 10 times trying to figure it out tonight.
What you might also try is removing HTC Home, then install Home Customizer. Home Customizer will ask to install HTC Home. Tap yes. You can remove Home Customizer after you have the today plugin. Make sure Ultimate Launch is disabled on the today screen first.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

brax is a n00b

ugggg been reading until my eyes hurt! anyone know the short cut link or program location for "programs folder / settings and local wifi in area list?" thanks
Old 04-01-2009, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dzags is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonlordoftheround View Post
What you might also try is removing HTC Home, then install Home Customizer. Home Customizer will ask to install HTC Home. Tap yes. You can remove Home Customizer after you have the today plugin. Make sure Ultimate Launch is disabled on the today screen first.
I figured out my problem. Turns out I was using a non VGA version of HTC home.

So I got Ultimate Launch set up mostly how I liked it and it was pretty meh. I didn't like the cube animation, it ran smoothly but I didnt like it. I'm going to wait for a newer version of PointUI or stick with TF3D for now.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Lurker

mcmexican is a n00b

Quote:
I figured out my problem. Turns out I was using a non VGA version of HTC home.

So I got Ultimate Launch set up mostly how I liked it and it was pretty meh. I didn't like the cube animation, it ran smoothly but I didnt like it. I'm going to wait for a newer version of PointUI or stick with TF3D for now.
You can turn off the cube animation and increase speed for faster performance. Point UI is ok and TF3D is not even in the ball park. I used VGA home for a while but prefer Rltoday. I guess its what you like that you should use I just cannot understand how anyone can put up with Touchflo.

-McMex

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software