PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 03:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: sprint

sonicboom is keeping up the good worksonicboom is keeping up the good worksonicboom is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TCPMP vs CorePlayer

I have purchased Coreplayer and I will say that it does a better job of playing my H.264 vids then TCPMP .81 . I definitely get smoother playback and less dropped frames. The Youtube function is realy nice too...
Old 04-06-2008, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

meatlocker is a n00b

I find CorePlayer to be totally buggy and bloated. I tried the latest version this weekend with a number of different sources, and it locked up and misbehaved more often than not. I will stick to TCMP, thank you very much.
Old 04-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir8Man View Post
why use tcpmp 0.72 and not 0.81?
An unanswered question?
0.72 works with Skunkworks flashvideo bundle and all zbop's most excellent links.
0.81 doesn't.

TCPMP is definitely the best player I've used so far.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch 6900

bonabob is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
I can play h.264 videos on my sprint touch using tcpmp, but I seem to consistantly get choppy frame rates in the same parts of the clips...
I have attached two zip files to this post which contain two h.264 2-minute clips I ripped from #1 dvd burner from the movie Tears of the Sun. If someone could play them both for me in coreplayer I'd really appreciate it. I also think this will help people to figure out whether or not Corplayer is really better than TCPMP (Youtube issues aside)
also - there is no nudity, language, or violence in either of the clips for anyone who might be concerned....thanks for the help!

Ok, so I cannot eve play these videos on my tcpmp, it says something about mpeg4 not supported
Old 04-07-2008, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch 6900

bonabob is just getting started

???????????????????????????????
Old 05-02-2008, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch

bob13bob is just getting started

Quote:
I can play h.264 videos on my sprint touch using tcpmp, but I seem to consistantly get choppy frame rates in the same parts of the clips...
I have attached two zip files to this post which contain two h.264 2-minute clips I ripped from #1 dvd burner from the movie Tears of the Sun. If someone could play them both for me in coreplayer I'd really appreciate it. I also think this will help people to figure out whether or not Corplayer is really better than TCPMP (Youtube issues aside)
also - there is no nudity, language, or violence in either of the clips for anyone who might be concerned....thanks for the help!
You really can't tell the difference a sceen this small anyway. Not even slow computers can run this format. If a ppc can do it, it's pretty impressive.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

lisat96 is keeping up the good worklisat96 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post

I also have a Sprint Touch and have a weird problem playing h.264 videos in TCPMP. I have the AVC plugin and they play beautifully until the 1 hr 42 minute mark, after which the video is corrupted and unwatchable. The same videos play fine in CorePlayer, WMP, and Conduits Pocket Player. The last two players only work because of the built-in h.264 support on the Touch. Same thing happens on my PDA with TCPMP. I suspect it's a compatibility issue between my ripper (PQDVD) and the TCPMP plugin, but the videos work everywhere else (including an iPod). Is anyone else seeing this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software