PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Navigon GPS

Navigon has just released an New

Key features of the NAVIGON MobileNavigator for Windows phones:
  • Reality View™ Pro (on devices with landscape format support) displays photo- realistic 3D views with actual road signs and lane guidance for virtually every highway interchange and exit drivers will encounter.
  • Lane Assistant Pro helps drivers prepare to make an upcoming exit or turn by providing a lane map complete with arrows and actual road geometry.
  • Text-to-speech announces street names in addition to turn-by-turn directions. Instead of only stating “turn right”, the app informs the user to “turn right on to ‘Main Street’, enabling the driver to further concentrate on the road ahead and not become distracted looking for street signs.
  • Speed Assistant with adjustable audio-visual warning.
  • Day & Night Mode for map display.
  • Direct Access allows navigation to contacts saved in the phone's address book.
  • Route Planning
  • Branded POIs and POIs along the route
  • 2D and 3D map view.
  • Automatic switch between portrait and landscape format.
  • Intelligent address entry.
  • Real signpost display.
  • GPS simulation in tunnels
The NAVIGON solution sells for $89.00 and is equipped with maps of North America (US, Canada, Hawaii and Puerto Rico) from NAVTEQ®. It will be available for a promotional price of $69.00 until February 14, 2010 at Pocketgear.com and Smartphone.net within the next week; with more retailers to fo

Site Info
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: shenworne
Carrier: shenworne

shenworne is a n00b
Re: New Navigon GPS

Hi.
Your post is too good as compare to other because of I have not any type of information like you I hope you will post more new information.
Thank you very much for sharing this stuff.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!
Carrier: Sprint

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I guess this is still a subscription service? I would like to find a product that I only pay once to get the software then choose to pay for upgrades maps.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (Coming)
Carrier: Rogers

canwester is a n00b

How does the NAVIGON MobileNavigator 7 run on HTC Touch Pro 2 with WM 6.5? I'm getting the Touch Pro 2 and looking for a good nav app that will be using mainly in western Canada. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

aximtreo is just getting started

It wasn't clearly stated but is this for WP7 and or WM 6.*?
Old 11-09-2010, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

I've been a TomTom user forever, this sounds pretty cool. I hate to dump my Tomtom software but, the lag on the Touch Pro 2 is driving me nuts and having to run a 3rd party program to get it close to accurate.

Does this work 100% (no lag) on a Touch Pro 2 ? Does anyone know ?

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 11-18-2010, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC One M8

Relic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good workRelic is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Relic Send a message via MSN to Relic Send a message via Yahoo to Relic Send a message via Skype™ to Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by canwester View Post
How does the NAVIGON MobileNavigator 7 run on HTC Touch Pro 2 with WM 6.5? I'm getting the Touch Pro 2 and looking for a good nav app that will be using mainly in western Canada. Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.
I'll work just great on your TP2. I have installed it On my Imagio and my brothers Pure (Diamond 2).

I always like Navigon...its way better than TomTom.

Note: this Navigon app does support Portrait & Landscape. But there is no option to get it in Landscape mode nor does it auto rotate. So what I have done is made a Mortscript to rotate the screen while loading up the Navigon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aximtreo View Post
It wasn't clearly stated but is this for WP7 and or WM 6.*?
Its for WM6.x
Old 12-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamand 2 GSM
Carrier: OneCall Norway

daz999 is a n00b

What I like about TomTom, is its simplicity and ability to run on older less memory devices. Navigon is a resource hogger for older HTC etc devices where as Tomtom works fine, no bells and whisles, but does the job
Old 02-21-2011, 06:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Boost Mobile

IT_Architect is a n00b

It may well be worth the money, but I would like someone to try a couple of routes for me, before I buy it to make sure it will work well for the things I need.

Quote:
I would like to find a product that I only pay once to get the software then choose to pay for upgrades maps.
I called a board meeting and ordered them add it for you. | NAVIGON. And the world is yours

Quote:
Note: this Navigon app does support Portrait & Landscape. But there is no option to get it in Landscape mode nor does it auto rotate. So what I have done is made a Mortscript to rotate the screen while loading up the Navigon.
I have a TP2, and it is listed as one of the compatible devices. http://www.navigon.com/export/sites/...ws_Phone_2.pdf They don't mention it doesn't auto-rotate. Does everyone have this problem with TP2 or Windows Mobile?

Last edited by IT_Architect; 02-21-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

I tried this, Lag is stil there on my Vzw TP2, not as bad as Tomtom but, still noticable, would be a problem in a big city.

I just grabbed GPSgate and with Mortscript and Tomtom, it works pretty well now. I'll deal with this till I get a Windows Phone 7 model on verizon

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software