PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i1910
Carrier: Telus (Canada, Québec)

XanoX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation [Q] Telus Omnia i910 Rom

I'm with telus (Canada / Québec) , i flashed my Telus Omnia 1 phone. I wanted to install the system update CF03 on my phone that i found with the Samsung website. i tough it will correct my sms problems. They where not always sended to others.
The problem is like you allready know, it change with verizon drivers, and now the battery doesnt work nor the phone mode. I tought Samsungs os and driver where compatible with all their Omnia. But ... Telus and Bell Omnia doesnt work after installing thoses Rom.

Now, i'm looking for an original telus Rom, or any information if this as been fixed by TELUS or Samsung or even a Cooked rom for Telus Omnia for people like me
that didnt knew all the facts.

Any solution at this time ?

I'll be really happy if one of you can take the time to look for a solution.
All i've find so far is : Cant post the link yet ... (new to this forum)

I really hope there is a solution, this happened to a lots of people. I'm just looking for a way to get it like it was out of the box or (as close as possible).
I just got the phone a few month ago, so i hope i wont have to buy a new one for that mistake.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Re: [Q] Telus Omnia i910 Rom

you may want to take a look in the Omnia forum. It's not the most active anymore as it's an older phone, but you may find more assistance there. You can also check out modaco or XDA, may find some assistance there also. I'll look around and post if I find anything for you.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i1910
Carrier: Telus (Canada, Québec)
Threadstarter

XanoX is a n00b

Thanks for your reply. I've been looking for Telus Filmware all day, or a rom to make it work again.

I know this is an Older phone for you, but in Québec/Canada they just stopped selling it.
I've allready posted some posts in Omnia forum, Modaco, XDA forum, omniahub. But not getting any reply for now.

Can't seem to find any solution for that issue, and i know it happened to alots of people.
But i dont loose hope yet

Last edited by XanoX; 11-10-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Nah don't lose hope. I did see you post over at Modaco when I went to look there for you. It appears that someone may have what you and many others are looking for and he asked for people to send him a PM. Did you send him one? Just posting "help" might not work if he's not subscribed to the thread or not looking often. I would personally recommend sending PM's to peeps you think may be able to get you what you need. And don't give up... hopefully someone will get you what you need. You can also try contacting samsung customer service, if you downloaded something from their site that borked your phone, maybe they can offer you the files/rom that you need. Or even try contacting Telus directly, although I'm not sure if they'll help you or not. I'd go the route of samsung before Telus...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
firmware, i910, omnia, rom, telus