PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2008, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kraygh is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PPCGEEKS GAME REVIEWS - WM devices

I notice there's a bunch of games threads scattered over the PPC forums. Most are from people looking for games, while others are posting some freeware they found.

I buy games every few weeks or so. Mostly from Handango or Handmark.com because they keep a record of your purchases to sign in and re-download if you lose your copy.

Since there are so many games out there, I thought I'd start a thread to help distinguish the good ones from the bad, why I liked them and where I got them from.

Of course this list is my personal opinion and experience with my 6800, but lets face it... some games are just junk without question and many don't even give you a demo to try.

Feel free to add to the list and make your own. It will also help if you include what PPC you are using. I'm sure it will save someone from wasting their time and money on games that blow.

Heres the list of games that I keep (flash after flash) on my 6800.

Pocket PC bundle - windowsgames.co.uk: These games are growing in popularity for PPCs.
Bundle includes;
POCKET SLAY: Domination through expansion. Weak soldiers can be upgraded with cash, but require more land to maintain them. Counting all the levels, there's hundreds of maps. Unlike similar games that give you only a few. (Medieval Heroes...meh)

POCKET GENERAL: Clone of Risk. Plays awesome. Customize your army placement any way you want, or choose from a large list of pre-sorted sets.

POCKET CONQUEST: A basic version of Axis and Allies. Choose your countries. Place your units then attack other countries based on number of untis and dice roll. Only played once so far. Too busy with the other two.

POCKET RATS: Some weird bonus game they throw in if you buy the other three. Kill all the rats using different methods. Played it for like 20 seconds.

Other games that have stood the test of time;

MONOPOLY - Handmark.com: Never gets old. Good for a 20 minute bathroom break.

SOLITAIRE, FREECELL, HEARTS, BUBBLE BREAKER - PPCgeeks site/stock: I'll go back to them like once in a while. More good pooping games.

POCKET SUDOKU - got it from ppcgeeks site: The best of the many I've tried. "Very Hard" level is as hard as I expect. No bells and whistles. Makes good use of stylus taps. Sudoku the way it should be.

VIRTUAL POOL MOBILE - Celeris.com: Not a bathroom break game. Full 3d battery killer, but very playable on the Titan. Career-Mode saves your money as you unlock the different locations and opponents. There's a tournament (bracket) mode, and handicaps for.. uh... if you suck.

CHINESE CHECKERS: You have to get use to viewing the whole board on the small Titan screen, but other than that, it's great.

Here's the list of games that didn't make it for me:

MEDIEVAL HEROES 2 - handango.com: "Defender of the Crown" version for the PPC. Few maps with little land variation - got old quick.
DOMINOES - handmark.com: Playing bones on a small screen just isn't fun. Hard to distinguish tiles sometimes.
BEJEWELED 2 - Handmark.com: Baught it after playing a similar game on the PSP. Quickly realized... the Titan ain't a PSP. Fun for a while though.
DOMINATION - handmark.com: Not much strategy as it sounds. There's not much fun in completely controlling the board, then lose the very next turn.
Windows GAME PACK: Give me a break.
POCKET SAND: Not a game. Amusing for like 30 seconds.
POCKET RUBIK'S CUBE: Would you play with a REAL Rubiks cube? Neither would I.
NETHACK - nethack.org: Many love this game. I love role playing, but too many random deaths for me to get into it.
KEVTRIS2 - this site: Sadly, my favorite game on the 6700 is unplayable on the 6800. I was a champ on the apache thanks to it's joystick but regardless of how hard I try, I can't re-train myself with the 6800's buttons. I truly miss it.

I will update this list when I either remember games I forgot about or play new ones.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:25 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nydriek is a n00b
Re: PPCGEEKS GAME REVIEWS - WM devices

very nice! may i recommend links to where you can buy and/or download them
Old 04-01-2008, 12:44 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

The game(Dots) its on freeware can some one post a cab. for me please. Thanks T M Z
Old 04-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have a few word games like Word Mojo and Bookworm and Text Twist but I really want Word Dojo like they have on the touchscreen machines at bars.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

kraygh is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydriek View Post
very nice! may i recommend links to where you can buy and/or download them
I just wrote the website next to the game's titles. I don't remember all of them though.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

J.K.Hustles is a n00b

gracias...
Old 02-16-2010, 02:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: USCC

phalkon30 is becoming a great contributor

I just found a game called Tiki Towers, it's possibly the most addicting game I've found on WM. It plays very very smoothly on my Touch Pro running NFSFan's rom. It's very comparable to the game "World Of Goo" on PC.

(Hint, if you google it there is a link on an omnia site for the latest version).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software