PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which do you like better??
Opera Mobile 10 34 51.52%
Skyfire 1.5 32 48.48%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 10:01 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Opera Mobile 10 vs Skyfire 1.5????

Now that the two behemoths of the mobile web browsing world have each made a significant upgrade.... which do you prefer????
Old 12-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Opera Mobile 10 vs Skyfire 1.5????

no opera mini 5? crushes both imo

but between those 2 i would go with opera 10, while skyfire is awesome and can play flash and finally has (w)vga support, on my phone the zooming is PAINFULLY slow making it all but unusable
Old 12-11-2009, 10:39 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Both mobile 10 and the new skyfire are good. I find myself still using 9.5 though and skyfire more. I think it will speed up since everyone has been using it at the same time which probably crushed Skyfire's servers. lol. for quick browsing, Mini5 beta2 is great.

But to stick with the theme, I would say Skyfire. They are really making great improvements to it. vga support for one, better video clarity as well.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

I guess out of the 2 slow browsers, I chose skyfire b/c of its capabilities with flash. however, both are slow- Skyfire being the slowest.

I still rather use Opera 9.5 or 9.7. Opera mini beta 5.2 is the best for the TP2 though, IMO.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

linzgeneral is keeping up the good worklinzgeneral is keeping up the good work

Opera Mini beta2 is leagues above both of them terms of speed and overall usability.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work

The Opera Mini 5 beta the url is small and the keyboard is small, any way to make it standard like Opera Mobile 10 beta ?
Old 12-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (XV6900) dual boot Android
Carrier: Money Grabbin' Verizon

inertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuffinertone knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to inertone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronusX View Post
The Opera Mini 5 beta the url is small and the keyboard is small, any way to make it standard like Opera Mobile 10 beta ?
you can always remove inline editing and use the keyboard that comes with your phone..

but i definitely agree with everyone opera mini 5 beta is the on a whole diffrent level then these two, speed is exceptional
but, like others have mentioned skyfire is a bit faster, and should increase in speed when less people start using it...
Old 12-11-2009, 04:26 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

I use them both but I use OM10 more than skyfire. Their strengths should be obvious.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch
Carrier: Telus

jjwhoa is a n00b

I find skyfire much faster
Old 12-12-2009, 10:17 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

me and others here are alpha testers for skyfire and of the 2 listed, skyfire for me but skyfire isnt done yet with improvements and im sure opera isnt either but this skyfire over last build is better by tons so im looking forward to whats down the line.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software