PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: KPN

mverkruijssen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile HTC Registry Tweaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by traumadog View Post

Just curious - my first post - I have a Verizon TP2, and this value for me as a default is zero. I tried bumping it to 32768, and nothing would load. Wound up hard-resetting the phone to get it to work again. Anyone else see this key with a zero default? Does it mean that there's a change in the hardware where the cache is dropped?
For me, synchronisation with Exchange wouldn't work anymore. After changing it back to 0 it worked again though, luckely for me.
Will try someday if I can maybe use another value. Still I think it is trange that it breaks synchronisation.

I also find this tweak dubble in the opening post.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk
Threadstarter

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by traumadog View Post

Just curious - my first post - I have a Verizon TP2, and this value for me as a default is zero. I tried bumping it to 32768, and nothing would load. Wound up hard-resetting the phone to get it to work again. Anyone else see this key with a zero default? Does it mean that there's a change in the hardware where the cache is dropped?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivestargentleman View Post
I changed it to 4096 and it worked just fine for me, but I have a Sprint TP2, dont know if that would make a difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by mverkruijssen View Post
For me, synchronisation with Exchange wouldn't work anymore. After changing it back to 0 it worked again though, luckely for me.
Will try someday if I can maybe use another value. Still I think it is trange that it breaks synchronisation.

I also find this tweak dubble in the opening post.
Thanks for telling me it was in there twice. i edited the tweak to show that the 4096 works better so i suggested to use that instead but still kept the old tweaked value.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fivestargentleman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
whooops. i ment do you have email set up?
Ok I set up the e-mail accounts and I still could find that registry valuelol
Old 01-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk
Threadstarter

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Update: I now have this all in the wikihttp://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?title=RegistryEdits
its very plan and evrything but eventually it will look sexy like the first post in this thread thanks for everybodys help that found these edits i will add every registry edit i find and know that works.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
Update: I now have this all in the wikihttp://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?title=RegistryEdits
its very plan and evrything but eventually it will look sexy like the first post in this thread thanks for everybodys help that found these edits i will add every registry edit i find and know that works.
Thanks pm for the great work on the OP & the wiki.
May want to edit the OP with your wiki link too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

harrythompson is a n00b

Something that has annoyed me all the way back to my 1st HTC Windows phone (T-Mobile Space Needle). Is there a way to change the default folder and file setting for opening or uploading a file. Ie: I am in a program and I choose to open a file and it defaults to all folders and all files. It sits there for a few mins before it kicks back a list of a million files, then I can change the folder. Same problem if I create a mms and go to attach a pic. I know it is faster to go to the pic and send it but that doesn't help with all the other open file programs.

Another question is there a way to just bump up the audio for a bluetooth call. Ear and speaker phone is loud enough but I have used several bluetooth headsets and they are just not loud enough. I did buy the plantronics backbeat stereo headset and could hear well but everyone complained that I was in a wind tunnel.

Final question on stock htc sense is there a way to add more quick links to programs and contacts?
Old 01-12-2011, 04:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: window xp
Carrier: spot

jolin is a n00b

The computer problems always drive me crazy, I want a program to solve my slow computer, several days ago my friend recommend me a software tuneup360, now I'm waiting for the result.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:12 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Why wasn't this ever stickied?
Old 01-23-2011, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gera229 is keeping up the good workgera229 is keeping up the good work

On the HTC Touch pro 2 in the settings somewhere I tapped commit registry and it said registry flushed. Since I have nothing on my phone really just yet I feel like doing a hard reset after pressing that button.

What does it do? Should I hard reset or not? Is it safe?
Does it change anything in the phone? Does/ can it make the phone run slower (after time maybe, or better?)? Can it make the phone have problems and flaws along with bad performance and instability; can it make the phone not stable? Can it change a certain program or make it worse? How often is the registry to be flushed?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC3600
Carrier: Vodafone

Perfect_Wave is a n00b

Hi to all, congrats by the excelent forum

I´m dealing some months ago with a doubt/problem...and tested in several phones with Windows Mobile...

I´m currently trying/testing with my HTC3600 with WM 6.1 (cooked ROM).

I´m trying to "cook" a ROM wich has like main ability, the compatibility with BT peripherics.

Especifically i want to achieve the "function" caller name to handsfree devices/headsets...im stuck with registry edition, and tested a lot, anybody here knows where is the field in Registry, to force the phone to give a caller name display on a headset/hands free device?

I have tried already a lot of apps and softwares, and i´m currently trying to develop a ROM based on MSVC 1.6.... platform (on the part to make calls) but still has some bugs in my ROM,and wanted to "fix" the part of caller name display (to show not just the number, but also the name in BT mode)

Any ideas? they are welcome

Best regards

Last edited by Perfect_Wave; 08-10-2012 at 04:09 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks