PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 08:59 PM
wmi
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wmi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Re: Tutorial- How to edit WM Registry

HI...I have a simple question...hope to get a quick reply from any of you. How is the registry backed up? I know there are original roms available so can i go ahead and proceed without backing up my touch pro 2 registry?

I think I have figured out the answer...I just needed a bit more reading to do...thanks anyways.

Last edited by wmi; 11-11-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:40 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Tutorial- How to edit WM Registry

im trying to save sum reg. keys so i can use it to backup w/ XDA_UC when i flash and hard reset. i'm guessing i need to 'export' those keys? but i'm using the resco explorer/ registry and i cant find the export option, what am i doing wrong?

and can any1 help me, once i'm able to export the reg. key could i put that straight in the XDA_UC folder and it will insert it in the correct place or do i have to do anything else.

thanks for your time
Old 11-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Can you just select the Key you want to save and select backup or copy? You could do a registry backup as well. Also, you could possibly ask someone here to make you some cabs of the reg edits you want to apply after a flash.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:08 AM
HI Fly Guy

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Can you just select the Key you want to save and select backup or copy? You could do a registry backup as well. Also, you could possibly ask someone here to make you some cabs of the reg edits you want to apply after a flash.
i can 'copy' and paste to storage but i cannot see the file after, no back up option. i was trying to just throw sum reg. edits into my XDA_UC folder and have it install that way instead of all the cabs. i was trying to be a bit more organized

thanks 4 your quick reply

i also install app chrome flashback but it didnt seem to restore correctly but anyway when i install that cab it auto install the dotfred task so i was able to 'export' the reg. keys that way but would like to figure out about being able to use the resco registry instead cuz its a bit more finger friendly
thanks
Old 11-19-2009, 02:15 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

No problem. I've never used resco registry editor so I don't know what to tell you. I use Phm Regeditor cause it's pretty simple . Works for me.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:26 AM
HI Fly Guy

maybe i'll try that 1 too, hows it compared to the dotfred?

also i'm new to this so still just searching threw the reg. to try and figure things out but so far i found keys for the push internet tabs, contact card, weather cities + fahrenheit setting. still need to figure out bout quick links on home page (manila 2.5) fav. people, vibrate off (everything include softkb) opera 9.7 and even 10 beta bookmarks, notification sounds/events/ring tones etc., and thats just the stuff off the top my head i'm sure there more
Old 11-19-2009, 02:37 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Well here is a link to phm:

http://www.phm.lu/products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

I like the search feature it has built in and it's pretty easy to use. I haven't tried dotfred so I don't know about that. Have you looked at the TP2 Cleanup Thread yet? There are several reg edit cabs in there. Also Mighty's Tweaks Thread.

Last edited by horndoctor; 11-19-2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:50 AM
HI Fly Guy

yea the tp2 clean up is pretty much just 1 big cab, i'm running juicy's r3 rom. and i'll look into the mighty tweaks thread but i know a lot of stuff in there doesnt apply to 2.5 (was more towards 2.1 stock in the begining)

when you say search feature what exactly can you do w/ that? say type in vibrate and it comes back w/ all keys w/ vibrate or ...
Old 11-19-2009, 03:00 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Yeah, you can type in a word and have it search/find all registry keys and values with that word in it.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

fivestargentleman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Which registry editor works best with Sprint's Touch Pro 2? I attempted to edit the registry last night, only to do a hard reset because of an all black screen...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks