PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > Windows Mobile Applications

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2006, 08:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

ZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
PicDialer 1.0 now in beta (01/01/07)

Updated 01/17/07

Thanks beta testers! I haven't gotten many problem reports so i'm going to assume everything is running fine.

I'll try and get a 1.0 final release by this weekend.

Updated 9/29/06

I got my 700wx on Friday, and by Saturday, I had created my first .NET compact application!

I'd been wanting a way to see a list of all my contact pictures, and then dial them. This functionality didn't come with the phone, and I didn't bother searching the web, so I created my own:

Quote:
ChangeLog
-----------------------
-0.96b (09/27/06)
-bugfix bugfix bugfix (that's what I get for rushing)

-0.95b (09/27/06)
-optimized loading
-created application icon
-added registration system code
-optimized display code
-improved memory usage
-bugfixes

-0.85b
-standardized softkeys
-added context menu to pictures

-0.8b
-removed "Load All Contacts" option, always on
-optimized GUI drawing
-using WM5 SDK instead of unsafe native calls for phone dialing

-0.7b
-initial release
Feedback/questions welcome!
Attached Files
File Type: zip picdialer_096b_950.zip (96.0 KB, 243 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
looks nice. im gonna try it when i get home and ill compare it with photocontacs pro.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
sweet I will give this a try later. I'm trying to learn here and there about programming with vs05 pro. Its an amazing program and well I'm in over my head

Old 09-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Ok checked it out...its nice to be ur first and I do have a few suggestions. First as per microsoft, they say make ur expanding menu on the right soft key and one action on the other. Then if possible maybe making it where u can also scroll the contacts on one page with the joystick/d-pad. Then make the right soft key scroll through pages maybe. I dunno but I think this would help with using one handed. if I think of more I will let u know.
~mike

ps nice app to be ur first.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:17 AM
Lurker

jeffdiogenes is a n00b
This rules for the mere fact i only have pictures of the people i would ever call :P

Works great on my 6700 i dont mind the interface...likely going to use this as a Today Screen "Contacts Button" replacement

If you are looking for feature ideas to add: SMS, MMS, Email options maybe just to interface with VJPhonetools via commandline...mmm
me like
Old 09-21-2006, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZaijiaN is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thanks for the feedback guys, i'll release a new version soon.

I started my 2nd app yesterday, and that's when I figured out the softkey standards.

There's not many Actions I can put on the left softkey, other than Refresh/Settings. I'll probably just put Settings there, and move Refresh over to Menu.

As far as usability goes, I initially tried to design it so that individual pictures could be selected with the d-pad, but that proved to be pretty difficult due to the default d-pad behavior. So instead I have the dpad switch screens, then to dial, you have to click the picture. I figure that's the best compromise I can do for now.

For SMS/Email/other ways of contact, I can add in a context menu on each picture, so that it'll bring up a list of ways to contact that you can select.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Founder & Owner

good ideas this will be a useful app when mapped to a hard key.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Speaking of which, does anybody know how to put my app in as a menu option on the today screen? Or know who does? It'd be sweet if I could insert it in there under the contacts item.
Old 09-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Founder & Owner

no clue sorry.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'd add the latest directory to the board, but I guess atttachments are turned off for this board or my account.

I'll post it tomorrow via megaupload sometime.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development > Windows Mobile Applications