PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   WebOS (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   HP Touchpad (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=146723)

MrHawaii 08-29-2011 04:57 AM

HP Touchpad

Anyone else score one of these during the firesale?

darren.wlsn1 08-29-2011 07:24 AM

Re: HP Touchpad

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrHawaii (Post 2141330)
Anyone else score one of these during the firesale?

syanni got couple when i told him about sale, if you got one here is some good news.

CyanogenMod 7 Makes Its Way To The HP TouchPad

yankees45us 08-30-2011 12:10 AM

I got to Walmart 2 minutes after the last 3 16gb pads were selling. Luckily they had 3 32gb left. Got one. Tried getting some at best buy but they wouldn't sell it to anyone. Then I found out that at 8pm same day they put them back on the floor. I hate best buy. I wish circuit city still had physical stores.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network

gTen 08-30-2011 12:38 PM

I got one..its via HP so I am still waiting on it..but it should come according to HP...

orangekid 08-30-2011 04:48 PM

still trying to get one :S

yankees45us 08-30-2011 11:29 PM

Hp said they are going to make more and sell them again one last time. They also said they are going to offer full support. There's also rumor Samsung will license or purchase webos. Webos still not dead. I'm looking forward to dual booting webos and Android. Too bad Android hasn't released the honeycomb info.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network

MrHawaii 08-31-2011 05:43 AM

I was so lucky to get one. Being in Hawaii it was a lot harder to get, less brick & mortar outlets. Anyways I called a few stores asking about inventory the night before, some didnt know about the price reduction and most said they have a lot in stock. I go to each and everyone and all say they have none to sell or they going to send them back to HP. A couple I went and waited outside before store opened (OfficeMax and Radioshack), only to be told they have none to sell. I called bs and bet employees bought them. I filed complaints online just to express my concern. A few days later I get a surprise call from the OfficeMax manager saying that he found a way to make it right. He brouhht some 32 GB models in from Hopaco (I didn't know they were affiliated) and would sell me one for $99. Of course I accepted.

I have always been a fan of webOS since the original Pre days on Sprint. I kept the Pre even a few months after I started working for a competing cell carrier. Been fiddling in the Android pool and been bored with the iPhone, great to be back on webOS. 2nd day Developer Mode unlocked, Preware installed, and zipping overclocking style smoothly at 1.8 GHz. So easy!

DavidinCT 09-01-2011 10:03 AM

I'm still trying to get one...with only my wp7 phone...Irene killed power and internet

All 5 orders go cancelled besides a hp sm one but I am pretty sure it will be too.

info[]box1 09-01-2011 12:36 PM

Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.0.2; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) wOSBrowser/234.40.1 Safari/534.6 TouchPad/1.0)

My brother scored 2 nib 32gb hptps one of them for me. The other he's comparing to his iPad & Sammy 10.1 smh. But yup I'm a proud owner and alway felt webOS was underrated.

Fast4Door 09-01-2011 01:43 PM

Got lucky and snagged the very last ticket for a 16GB Model last Saturday after waiting in line for a few hours. Haven't cracked open the box yet to try it out but will soon. Can't wait to dual boot Android when available. Good luck to anyone trying to score one. It was tough.