PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 12:29 AM
Lurker

fluffhead is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WeatherPanel Freaks: PhatPhinger - a "stylus-free" QVGA theme

OK, wiseguy! why does the icon cab file install to the directory uranusware instead of marsware?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
OK, wiseguy! why does the icon cab file install to the directory uranusware instead of marsware?
You have a problem with uranus?
Old 10-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Lurker

billet105 is a n00b
Re: [THEME] WeatherPanel Freaks: PhatPhinger - a "stylus-free" QVGA theme

I've tried searching but couldn't find an answer to this. I have a verizon 6800 with WM 6.1 Pro and the latest radio versions and ROM. I'm trying to install the unzipped Phatfinger III folder into the Marsware folder next to the WeatherPanel Folder and I keep getting an error that states:

" Cannot copy phat_9_pressed: The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected." and it gives me options to skip, skip all, or cancel.

Every time it gets to this point the sync between the 6800 and PC ends. I've also tried to install both the zipped and unzipped file to different locations to see if it would copy, but I keep getting the same error.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint

Catman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good workCatman51 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
Old 10-24-2008, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet105 View Post
I've tried searching but couldn't find an answer to this. I have a verizon 6800 with WM 6.1 Pro and the latest radio versions and ROM. I'm trying to install the unzipped Phatfinger III folder into the Marsware folder next to the WeatherPanel Folder and I keep getting an error that states:

" Cannot copy phat_9_pressed: The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected." and it gives me options to skip, skip all, or cancel.

Every time it gets to this point the sync between the 6800 and PC ends. I've also tried to install both the zipped and unzipped file to different locations to see if it would copy, but I keep getting the same error.
First off, the PhatPhinger folder should be copied into the WeatherPanel\Themes folder - not "next to" to the WeatherPanel folder.

Here's some things to check:
  • Do you have enough room to copy?
  • On you PC, turn on "show hidden files" in your folder settings, and delete any Thumbs.db files that you find in the theme folder before copying. These files (automatically created by windows) sometimes cause issues when copying to your device.
As an alternative, you can copy themes and icons to your storage card. On your storage card, create folder WeatherPanel, then within it, create folders Themes and Icons. Just copy your theme and icons folders inside these and WeatherPanel will automatically pick them up...
Old 10-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond + Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

allrockabilly is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post

Ha, ha
Old 12-05-2008, 12:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Polaris
Carrier: Optimus

ZED_pt is a n00b

Im sorry if this issue as already been reported,didnt saw all the posts...

I installed phatfingrz II layout and the cab for phatfingerz icons and icons do not display properlly...The big icon only shows the rain and the small icons are really small.

Using a HTC Polaris so it should not be a problem(QVGA)

With the stardock animated icons the small icons work perfectly but instead of a big icon i got two small icons,one at right and the other on left and i wouldnt mind that but the icon on the left side sometimes gets on top of weather degrees info.

Hope you have a simple solution and thanks for your work.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:06 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED_pt View Post
Im sorry if this issue as already been reported,didnt saw all the posts...

I installed phatfingrz II layout and the cab for phatfingerz icons and icons do not display properlly...The big icon only shows the rain and the small icons are really small.

Using a HTC Polaris so it should not be a problem(QVGA)

With the stardock animated icons the small icons work perfectly but instead of a big icon i got two small icons,one at right and the other on left and i wouldnt mind that but the icon on the left side sometimes gets on top of weather degrees info.

Hope you have a simple solution and thanks for your work.
Sorry for the confusion: The PhatPhinger icons (cab install) are for PhatPhinger I only. You installed PhatPhinger II, which is formatted for standard icons sizes (found here).

The second issue - please post a screenshot...
Old 12-05-2008, 12:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Polaris
Carrier: Optimus

ZED_pt is a n00b

Here is the pic http://www.flickr.com/photos/32373246@N05/3084292761/

This time the degrees where on top but sometimes they´re not.

thx for the reply
Old 12-05-2008, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED_pt View Post
Here is the pic http://www.flickr.com/photos/32373246@N05/3084292761/

This time the degrees where on top but sometimes they´re not.

thx for the reply
I looks like you have an issue with your icon installation. Your folders for the VGA Stardock animated icons should look like the attached screenshot. These are inside the Icons folder...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (8.8 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by storyr; 12-05-2008 at 01:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WeatherPanel Themes