PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Arc_Fault is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Changing the taskbar on my Touch Pro2

I've been wanting to change the taskbar on my Touch Pro2 and have read as many of the threads relating to doing so. I just want to ask a quick question to see if I got the method right so I'm not asking again latter.

From the treads that I've read I have to do the following, first install sdkcerts, then install 1% battery driver, and finally install the talkbar cab.

Do I have this right or is there are step or possible complication that could come up that I should lookout for? I've using the 5-24 release of MightyROM if the makes a difference on how this works.
I'm looking at using the NueBattery driver, does anyone have an opinion on this driver?

Arc_Fault
Old 06-26-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Re: Changing the taskbar on my Touch Pro2

sdkcerts isn't always needed... and it doesn't matter what you install first, 1% battery or the taskbar itself... also, if you ever erase the taskbar and install another you won't have to reinstall the 1% battery it stays where it's at unless you remove that as well...

Old 06-28-2010, 07:04 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

quickdraw62 is a n00b

I also have a question about the taskbar. I don't have a cooked ROM. I'm using Verizon's HTC TP2 stock WM 6.5 rom and want to change the taskbar to something better than the plain ones I currently have.

I've installed Dusk's taskbar icons but couldn't get them to show up. Are there any cabs out there that work with my tp2?

Thank you in advance.
Old 06-28-2010, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is the VZW stock ROM Manila 2.1 or 2.5..??
Old 06-28-2010, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Instinct
Carrier: sprint

pistu is just getting started

Are you the one that developed the jd task manager? if so do you know whether I can install the cab without the sk certs for sprint stock rom 6.5? manila 2.5... everytime I install it my phone starts to run slow. not sure if its a incompatiblity issue or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
Old 06-28-2010, 08:02 PM
N00b

quickdraw62 is a n00b

Quote:
Yes, it's the VZW stock manila 2.5
Old 06-29-2010, 09:52 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistu View Post
Are you the one that developed the jd task manager? if so do you know whether I can install the cab without the sk certs for sprint stock rom 6.5? manila 2.5... everytime I install it my phone starts to run slow. not sure if its a incompatiblity issue or not.
No but I've used that one several times and never had an issue with it... Can you post a link to the one you downloaded..??

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw62 View Post
Yes, it's the VZW stock manila 2.5
Than it should work fine without having any issues... All SDKCerts does is give your phone permission to run files that it wouldn't normally have the acceptance to do so, it doesn't change anything else to my knowledge...
Old 06-29-2010, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Instinct
Carrier: sprint

pistu is just getting started

The cab can be found in the third post.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...88&postcount=3
Quote:
No but I've used that one several times and never had an issue with it... Can you post a link to the one you downloaded..??

Than it should work fine without having any issues... All SDKCerts does is give your phone permission to run files that it wouldn't normally have the acceptance to do so, it doesn't change anything else to my knowledge...
Old 06-29-2010, 01:45 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
sdkcerts isn't always needed... and it doesn't matter what you install first, 1% battery or the taskbar itself... also, if you ever erase the taskbar and install another you won't have to reinstall the 1% battery it stays where it's at unless you remove that as well...
sdkcerts is 1st cab you dl, it does matter.

op, what tb do you want, i have most of them?
Old 06-29-2010, 01:55 PM
N00b

quickdraw62 is a n00b

Quote:

Problem is, when I downloaded the dusk taskbar by bignadad, all of my taskbar icons disappeared. I was able to uninstall them and return to normal.

That seems to happen with every taskbar I try. Maybe it might be because I tried using a CDMA instead of WGVA taskbar? I'm not sure.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software

Tags
question, taskbar customization, touch pro 2