PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Changing the taskbar on my Touch Pro2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=126780)

Arc_Fault 06-26-2010 12:35 PM

Changing the taskbar on my Touch Pro2

I've been wanting to change the taskbar on my Touch Pro2 and have read as many of the threads relating to doing so. I just want to ask a quick question to see if I got the method right so I'm not asking again latter.

From the treads that I've read I have to do the following, first install sdkcerts, then install 1% battery driver, and finally install the talkbar cab.

Do I have this right or is there are step or possible complication that could come up that I should lookout for? I've using the 5-24 release of MightyROM if the makes a difference on how this works.
I'm looking at using the NueBattery driver, does anyone have an opinion on this driver?

Arc_Fault

JDM_SOHC 06-26-2010 12:37 PM

Re: Changing the taskbar on my Touch Pro2

sdkcerts isn't always needed... and it doesn't matter what you install first, 1% battery or the taskbar itself... also, if you ever erase the taskbar and install another you won't have to reinstall the 1% battery it stays where it's at unless you remove that as well...

quickdraw62 06-28-2010 07:04 AM

I also have a question about the taskbar. I don't have a cooked ROM. I'm using Verizon's HTC TP2 stock WM 6.5 rom and want to change the taskbar to something better than the plain ones I currently have.

I've installed Dusk's taskbar icons but couldn't get them to show up. Are there any cabs out there that work with my tp2?

Thank you in advance.

JDM_SOHC 06-28-2010 12:02 PM

Is the VZW stock ROM Manila 2.1 or 2.5..??

pistu 06-28-2010 06:00 PM

Are you the one that developed the jd task manager? if so do you know whether I can install the cab without the sk certs for sprint stock rom 6.5? manila 2.5... everytime I install it my phone starts to run slow. not sure if its a incompatiblity issue or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1841614)

quickdraw62 06-28-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1841614)

Yes, it's the VZW stock manila 2.5

JDM_SOHC 06-29-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pistu (Post 1842477)
Are you the one that developed the jd task manager? if so do you know whether I can install the cab without the sk certs for sprint stock rom 6.5? manila 2.5... everytime I install it my phone starts to run slow. not sure if its a incompatiblity issue or not.

No but I've used that one several times and never had an issue with it... Can you post a link to the one you downloaded..??

Quote:

Originally Posted by quickdraw62 (Post 1842648)
Yes, it's the VZW stock manila 2.5

Than it should work fine without having any issues... All SDKCerts does is give your phone permission to run files that it wouldn't normally have the acceptance to do so, it doesn't change anything else to my knowledge...

pistu 06-29-2010 01:40 PM

The cab can be found in the third post.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...88&postcount=3
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1843492)
No but I've used that one several times and never had an issue with it... Can you post a link to the one you downloaded..??

Than it should work fine without having any issues... All SDKCerts does is give your phone permission to run files that it wouldn't normally have the acceptance to do so, it doesn't change anything else to my knowledge...

darren.wlsn1 06-29-2010 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1838892)
sdkcerts isn't always needed... and it doesn't matter what you install first, 1% battery or the taskbar itself... also, if you ever erase the taskbar and install another you won't have to reinstall the 1% battery it stays where it's at unless you remove that as well...

sdkcerts is 1st cab you dl, it does matter.

op, what tb do you want, i have most of them?

quickdraw62 06-29-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 (Post 1843492)

Problem is, when I downloaded the dusk taskbar by bignadad, all of my taskbar icons disappeared. I was able to uninstall them and return to normal.

That seems to happen with every taskbar I try. Maybe it might be because I tried using a CDMA instead of WGVA taskbar? I'm not sure.