PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 09:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

perry.rush is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Am I alone not using TouchFlow?

Am I the only one who doens't care about Touch Flow or sense? I have the "Easy Today Task Launcher" and Touch Flow 3d turned off. I upgraded to 6.5 at one time, wasn't crazy about it and went back down to 6.1. It isn't the sexiest looking thing out there, but it is simple and does what I like.

NOT that I think I should....but is there a way to remove TouchFlo to free up space or is not recomended and/or not really even possible? Just a curiosity thing.

--------------

You mentioned an easier to use homescreen for 6.1 This is what my screen shot looks like and how much memory it uses (or doesn't use)

sshot000.jpg

sshot001.jpg

Last edited by perry.rush; 05-18-2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 05-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Am I alone not using TouchFlow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry.rush View Post
Am I the only one who doens't care about Touch Flow or sense? I have the "Easy Today Task Launcher" and Touch Flow 3d turned off. I upgraded to 6.5 at one time, wasn't crazy about it and went back down to 6.1. It isn't the sexiest looking thing out there, but it is simple and does what I like.

NOT that I think I should....but is there a way to remove TouchFlo to free up space or is not recomended and/or not really even possible? Just a curiosity thing.
you could use one of the kitchens out there and cook a 6.1 rom without sense.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

perry.rush is a n00b

It would be my first time to ever do something like that.....new hobbby!! I would do 6.5 - but that confounded power button issue just gets me!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I believe there are a couple of Titanium ROMs around without Sense cooked in.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

I like Touch Flo, but damn, that software just gobbles up RAM like crazy. So, I have kept it turned off just so I can save memory , so Opera don't keep closing all the time. I hate the plain ol WM today screen on 6.1. And I won't go to 6.5 cause I hear it's so friggin horrible and laggy...... like a Motorola Q.. blech. I wish there was something out there that would spice up the WM Today screen.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:54 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

idk "THE-COPS" i think you should try a 6.5 before you knock it. its not as bad as it used to be. i was a 6.1 lover and when i first tried a 6.5 rom i hated how it was laggy but i finally gave 6.5 another chance this year and man is it awesome and now i will never go back to 6.1. As long as the custom rom im running has the start menu like the one in X's rom or in MM's older roms then im good to run a 6.5 rom
Old 05-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC XV6800 Mogul
Carrier: vzw

mknollman is just getting started

I too am runnig 6.5 with titanium (the default) today screen - I love it. It uses NO ram and is infinitely customizable if you really want to get into it. I just use home screen customizer, a free app in the marketplace. It lets me move, rearrange, add, delete items. It also adds a really nice weather item - all for FREE and fast!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

Gotta stick with stock ROM. Can't get unlocker to work. Maybe I'll send my phone some place to have it unlocked. I am really hating on the stock rom right now. Titanium and SSK is what i'm interested in.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JustLok is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-COPS View Post
Gotta stick with stock ROM. Can't get unlocker to work. Maybe I'll send my phone some place to have it unlocked. I am really hating on the stock rom right now. Titanium and SSK is what i'm interested in.
I found this video pretty good as a tutorial to flashing and unlocking your TP2 made by D/\sh. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te7CPM3yeUk

It's a great referral, but after unlocking the phone, the flashing is pretty straightforward and simple.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

savir90 is keeping up the good worksavir90 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry.rush View Post

--------------

You mentioned an easier to use homescreen for 6.1 This is what my screen shot looks like and how much memory it uses (or doesn't use)

Attachment 70066

Attachment 70067
your not the only one man, hence the titanium homescreen i created in the link below.....touch flow's retarted....or it just doesnt like my phone

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...40#post1677640

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software