PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   {BiGnAdAd Taskbar} BiGnAdAd's Original Dusk Taskbar ★Green.Black/White.Blue.Purple★ (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112974)

money711 04-14-2010 02:32 PM

Re: {BiGnAdAd Taskbar} BiGnAdAd's Original Dusk Taskbar ★Green.Black/White.Blue.Purpl

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u (Post 1698847)
By drop down do you mean the magnifier which drops down the battery and notifications? All I know about that is some taskbar makers include and some do not. I know XpressYourCell included it his rom that had the Tacchan23 taskbar. I will look into it and see if it is an add on anywhere.

Have you tried double tapping on the top bar? I tap once and it brings up notifications, tap twice quick and it magnifies.

yes i am talking about the taskbar that when you tap it, there is like a second taskbar that appear under it. I have tried the techmans taskbar and i didnt like the vibrate icon that he uses it is like a way off green compared to other icons in the taskbar.

i wish i knew how and had the time to create my own taskbar but alot of this work is really tedious to me

but i have tried every tap combination i could think of and nothing work i do have arkswitch and that other menu thing i think its called program quick links or something but both were cooked in the rom and i have seen the drop down taskbar work on this current rom i am using.

also i noticed that the messag icon has changed when i installed this task bar i know that there has to be something in the cab file for that to have changed but dont know what please see screen shot . you will see that there is two of the same icons in the bottom bar.

sorry for being so lengthy in the response but just wanted to give as much details as possible thanks.

screen shot will be added shortly

JohnnyOnTheSpot 04-14-2010 02:42 PM

Re: {BiGnAdAd Taskbar} BiGnAdAd's Original Dusk Taskbar ★Green.Black/White.Blue.Purpl

So...I installed the taskbar, and my phone is pretty much useless. None of the icons show up, it's running slow as mud, too. I'm removing it now.

I'm not whining, I'm just trying to root out the problem because I really want to use this. Any chance it's clashing with something? The text notification did show up, but my start menu stopped worked and every other icon up top disappeared.

Uninstalling it worked, by the way. Now I just want to know how to safely re-install haha. If more info is needed let me know. Killed my task manager though on uninstall. Strange.

money711 04-14-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot (Post 1698981)
So...I installed the taskbar, and my phone is pretty much useless. None of the icons show up, it's running slow as mud, too. I'm removing it now.

I'm not whining, I'm just trying to root out the problem because I really want to use this. Any chance it's clashing with something? The text notification did show up, but my start menu stopped worked and every other icon up top disappeared.

Uninstalling it worked, by the way. Now I just want to know how to safely re-install haha. If more info is needed let me know. Killed my task manager though on uninstall. Strange.

which rom are you running? i have installed this taskbar in green twice on my device and it never disabled anything or gave me the effects that u are having

dapbmonkey4u 04-14-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by money711 (Post 1698957)
yes i am talking about the taskbar that when you tap it, there is like a second taskbar that appear under it. I have tried the techmans taskbar and i didnt like the vibrate icon that he uses it is like a way off green compared to other icons in the taskbar.

i wish i knew how and had the time to create my own taskbar but alot of this work is really tedious to me

but i have tried every tap combination i could think of and nothing work i do have arkswitch and that other menu thing i think its called program quick links or something but both were cooked in the rom and i have seen the drop down taskbar work on this current rom i am using.

also i noticed that the messag icon has changed when i installed this task bar i know that there has to be something in the cab file for that to have changed but dont know what please see screen shot . you will see that there is two of the same icons in the bottom bar.

sorry for being so lengthy in the response but just wanted to give as much details as possible thanks.

screen shot will be added shortly

No lengthy is good, Xpressyourcell found out that the taskbar will break the messaging button on 6.5x. Another reason he switched to Tacchan23 as it brought it back. Don't get me wrong Big made an ABSOLUTELY beautiful taskbar. I love it. I have all of his taskbars. So, while this is 6.5x compatible it is not without its faults. He has been working on his MaxSense rom series and has not had the time to comeback to the taskbars and other projects. From what I understand MaxSense should be dropping soon and then his own rom series with MaxSense. after that I would figure he can get back to the mods.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot (Post 1698981)

I need to know more about what you are running. Rom, 6.5/6.5x. We will try and figure this out. as I said I have had all of his taskbars running on my setup with 6.5 and 6.5x with no slowdown or problems except breaking the volume and image for the send message icon. I doubt it is the taskbar. Please list the tweaks and mods performed and if this a stock rom or not. also, if you have flashed let me know the procedure you use to clear the internal memory and then flash a custom rom.

money711 04-15-2010 01:05 PM

Ok thanks for your help I might just settle for Tacchan's taskbar because i need green but not having he drop down taskbar it is really bad.

I am not able to dismiss appointments if I miss them when they originally pop up, I always have to do a soft reset.

That is so irritating.

Thanks again!

dapbmonkey4u 04-15-2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by money711 (Post 1700816)
Ok thanks for your help I might just settle for Tacchan's taskbar because i need green but not having he drop down taskbar it is really bad.

I am not able to dismiss appointments if I miss them when they originally pop up, I always have to do a soft reset.

That is so irritating.

Thanks again!

What about the original Dusk Taskbar or the one I believe that was done for 6.5x from gregorz10 over on XDA?

bignadad 04-15-2010 02:43 PM

thanks for the help here dap!

dapbmonkey4u 04-15-2010 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bignadad (Post 1701019)
thanks for the help here dap!

Not a problem Big, you are busy and what little I know I will help if I can.:)

money711 04-15-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dapbmonkey4u (Post 1701012)
What about the original Dusk Taskbar or the one I believe that was done for 6.5x from gregorz10 over on XDA?

i will look into some others thanks again for all the information that you gave.

BIG keep up the great work!!!

Thanks!

Acedooncoon 04-16-2010 06:05 PM

So I took like this taskbar...especially the black one but...like Johnnyonthespot...when I downloaded the taskbar my phone became useless....I had to eventallly do a hard reset becuz I couldnt do anything else....good thing I didnt have much install on it...so it wasnt a big deal to do so...I have a Sprint TP2 and I am running Decks SsS r11.5S ROM...its a 6.5 based so I dunno why it doesnt work....matter fact when it comes to that type of taskbar it hasnt worked on any other rom that I have downloaded....even on my TP1...any sugguestions?