PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 12:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Testers Needed: Panoramic BGs for TP2!!!

I know a lot for you are ex-TP1 users and have recently become the proud new owners of a TP2. Those of you who are familiar with the TP1 forum, have most likely seen some of the great Pano BGs that z0mbiexx, triscuit1983 and other contributers are putting out for us. (Check out there work here) I don't know about you but me being a new TP2 user would love to see a forum like that here in the TP2 section.

That being said, triscuit is look for testers. You can download the test file below.

Triscuit's TP2 Pano test v1

Basically, save the cab to your TP2. Run the file and it will tell you to restart. Click ok and allow your device to reboot. Uninstalling from Remove Programs should restore. Please report back any issues.

See it in action:
(This is installed over CMYLXGOs PIMP Package.)

Be sure to give to zombiexx and triscuit1983!!! I'm just a tester, like you!!!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:59 PM
High Speed Lurking
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G!
Carrier: Sprint

Triscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIP
Re: Testers Needed: Panoramic BGs for TP2!!!

---TEST CABS BELOW---

First of all, big thanks to Rotastrain over at XDA for getting this started, and z0mbiexx for finding it.
And obviously all the testers. I do not have a TP2 yet, so you're the only means for me getting this done.

The reason we're in testing is I want to fix the Hero icon scrolling along with the Tray icon. So far, the only development out there has left this the way it is. But I would like to see it work the same way as the Touch Pro pano found on z0mbiexx's thread here. Basically, I would like the Hero icon to stay centered as you scroll.

Also, there is a little gap on the bottom of the image when you are not using curtains. I'm hoping to make an adjustment to that as well.

BASIC INSTALL INSTUCTIONS
  • Reset your wallpaper back to default settings
  • Install one of the mods. (Now in testing)
  • Install a background (Even though we're in testing, I will take requests)
Mods

Triscuit's TP2 Pano test v2

Triscuit's TP2 Pano test v2.1

While using panoramics DO NOT UNINSTALL THE ORIGINAL MOD.

To switch between backgrounds, you should first uninstall the previous background (I say "should" because you don't have to, but I recommend it for a clean install/uninstall) and install the next.

You do not necessarily have to restart the phone for the install to complete.
When it gets to the restart the phone screen, you can press cancel, but for the install to complete, TouchFlo must be restarted.

Here are some backgrounds to test, just to make sure it does what it’s supposed to do. There are also some throughout the thread.(The attached cabs do not include the original mod.)

Click an image to download the cab

I've made over 100 panos over at z0mbiexx's thread. Download THIS zip file to see them. If you want one let me know.

Last edited by Triscuit; 11-01-2009 at 09:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

silverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsilverkorn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

so far it appears to be working fairly well with the Verizon TP2 with TouchFLO 3D version 2.1.38420.2

Here is a poor video to show the slider in action with the new background
Click HERE to Download Video [2.1 MB]

Comments, Suggestions, Complaints:
1. When used with the No Curtains cab it does leave a line on the bottom of the slider, see pictures
2. Even with the new background image you can still see the stitched image lines, not a big deal IMO
3. Once you have applied the new wallpaper you should either restart TouchFLO or soft reset the phone for the changes to take effect
4. When scrolling through the slider, the icons move with the background, and they become cut off in the beginning and the end, not a big deal either IMO

Without No Curtains

With No Curtains

Last edited by silverkorn; 10-30-2009 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Added Full Review
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

So far so good for me...

Started with the Spidey Base... Took Perfectly...
Then Installed the Face to Face... Took perfectly...
Uninstalled Face to Face and then installed Trippin Balls... Took perfectly...
Finally uninstalled Trippin Balls and the device restored to the original layout...

I'm having no issues with the TP2 Panos... Of course I'm on the Stock ROM... Custom themes and ROMs will obviously differ, depending on how they were preconfigured...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:06 PM
High Speed Lurking

Triscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIPTriscuit is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8Ways View Post
So far so good for me...

Started with the Spidey Base... Took Perfectly...
Then Installed the Face to Face... Took perfectly...
Uninstalled Face to Face and then installed Trippin Balls... Took perfectly...
Finally uninstalled Trippin Balls and the device restored to the original layout...

I'm having no issues with the TP2 Panos... Of course I'm on the Stock ROM... Custom themes and ROMs will obviously differ, depending on how they were preconfigured...
Awesome.
What is your manila version. You should be able to see on the settings tab. I would be info (maybe). I don't have one so I don't know.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by triscuit1983 View Post
Awesome.
What is your manila version. You should be able to see on the settings tab. I would be info (maybe). I don't have one so I don't know.
Manila 3D 2.1.38416.1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:09 PM
High Speed Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV8Ways View Post
Manila 3D 2.1.38416.1

Okay. Is that stock manila? Or did you "upgrade" from a lower version. If its an upgrade, I might need someone with a lower version to see if it works for them. Otherwise, it will be stated that it only works for manila version 2.1.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by triscuit1983 View Post
Okay. Is that stock manila? Or did you "upgrade" from a lower version. If its an upgrade, I might need someone with a lower version to see if it works for them. Otherwise, it will be stated that it only works for manila version 2.1.
That's straight out of the box Manila... No upgrade!
Old 10-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01

Not quite sure if thats how its designed or if its a flaw... Icons are are not centered when scrolling. Kinda cool that they do it though. Seems to have issues with background when scrolling though. I can see "seams" centered between internet and photos and at the end between settings and stocks. Installed Test v1 and kappa space. Same version of manila (2.1 etc)

late,
Coz
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Old 10-29-2009, 11:32 PM
High Speed Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacho01 View Post
Not quite sure if thats how its designed or if its a flaw... Icons are are not centered when scrolling. Kinda cool that they do it though. Seems to have issues with background when scrolling though. I can see "seams" centered between internet and photos and at the end between settings and stocks. Installed Test v1 and kappa space. Same version of manila (2.1 etc)
Thank you for the input.

I think the seams may be my fault. These backgrounds are actually ones that I created already for TP and had to piece together and re-edit. I'm going to go back and edit the Kappa Space with a fresh (not pieced together) image.

As for the icons not centering, are you talking about the heroes or tray icons? And are they moving up or down?

Kappa Space (Fresh)
Attached Files
File Type: cab Kappa Space.cab (1.01 MB, 18 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Triscuit; 10-29-2009 at 11:51 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > TP2 Themes & Software