PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   TP2 Themes & Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   How to make work my htc pro 2 as a modem without paying extra money (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=107304)

jkln2007 01-21-2010 03:22 AM

How to make work my htc pro 2 as a modem without paying extra money

I have unlimited data in my plan ,,and i wanna share internet to my laptop ,,but i guess sprint has block my htc pro 2 because it does not work,,,just says in small window ,,email or password is incorrect ,,please help ,,thank you

Ikonic 01-21-2010 04:54 AM

Re: How to make work my htc pro 2 as a modem without paying extra money

You have to pay for that on your bill. for it to work automatically. But theres a downloadable cab that allows you to do it for free. its in the tweaks hacks tips and modifications thread in the regular tp2 forum. theres also one that allows you turn you tp2 into a wifi network.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78019
^^^ theres the link its the first cab on the list enabling tethering stealth mode.

Edit:
PS also when you dl the cab you have to access the internet sharing program itself instead of allowing it when you connect your phone through usb. and the network COnnection has to be sprint and not phone as modem because it will not work as phone as modem unless your paying for it with sprint

mjcole2003 01-21-2010 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkln2007 (Post 1505885)
I have unlimited data in my plan ,,and i wanna share internet to my laptop ,,but i guess sprint has block my htc pro 2 because it does not work,,,just says in small window ,,email or password is incorrect ,,please help ,,thank you

You could always unlock phone, and download one of the leo roms 6.5 that has a wifi router option built right in. I'm currently using energy's leo rom and I always show off the wifi feature, connecting wirelessly to a laptop. I have sprint as well and they have nevr said anything about how much date im using. I wouldnt go downloading large files such as movies and such ( that might be kind of a red flag if i go over 5 gigs in a month) so i just stick with basic internet use etc..

papastompy 01-26-2010 10:24 PM

Maybe it's my luck or something, but I have a TP2 running Silence ROM and I use the wi-fi and tether apps all day, every day and usually run between 18-22GB per month on data usuage, have been for the past 6 months with nothing said from Sprint (so far). Only around the holidays did I see my speed get throttled back a bit (1.9Mb down to 1.1Mb) but it then came back up to it's normal range.

I'm not trying to encourage you to use it the way I do, I'm just saying that I've heard of other's with high volume data usage and nothing being said about it, so I've been giving it a go too. For me, it is my primary internet connection...

As a side note, for me, I've found the wi-fi connection to run a bit faster than when it's tethered, although i would think it would be the other way around being hard wired to the computer, but...

Good luck jkln2007 and happy web surfing.

proarmwrestler 01-27-2010 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjcole2003 (Post 1505987)
I'm currently using energy's leo rom and I always show off the wifi feature, connecting wirelessly to a laptop. I have sprint as well and they have never said anything about how much date I'm using. I wouldn't go downloading large files such as movies and such ( that might be kind of a red flag if i go over 5 gigs in a month) so i just stick with basic internet use etc..

+1 :laughing3:

Although I just switched to a Titanium ROM by A1jatt w/SPB 3.5 over it and using the WiFi I found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...99#post4170499

miguelberrios76 01-28-2010 09:06 PM

Hey Guy, the easiest thing to do is to install Wi-Fi Router, this will add an icon to your settings/connections. When you select it it will open and say XDA-WiFi-Sharing on the name box (DONOT CHANGE THAT, otherwise it wont work) and the WEP key leave as 1234567890, then on your computer turn on Wi-Fi and select the XDA-WiFi-Sharing and enter the web key. WALA you have fast wireless internet. Watch your phone for heat.

Kmagn13 01-29-2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miguelberrios76 (Post 1524382)
Hey Guy, the easiest thing to do is to install Wi-Fi Router, this will add an icon to your settings/connections. When you select it it will open and say XDA-WiFi-Sharing on the name box (DONOT CHANGE THAT, otherwise it wont work) and the WEP key leave as 1234567890, then on your computer turn on Wi-Fi and select the XDA-WiFi-Sharing and enter the web key. WALA you have fast wireless internet. Watch your phone for heat.

u can change the name to anything u wanna have... Also u can change the WEP code to anything (10 characters)

SecretAgentMan 01-29-2010 10:38 AM

WMWIFIRouter works will too!

skeptikal 01-29-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miguelberrios76 (Post 1524382)

can u post a link to this wifi router? i've found a few of these routers but want to use the xda one if u have a good link. Thanks...

\\edit: Nevermind, I had it on my phone already just never looked...thanks for the heads up this will come in handy...