PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Lurker

chrisnack is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stock USCC rom

Be it however hard, is it possible to rip a stock rom from a stock Titan?

I need to get my Titan back to stock so i can send it in for service. My boss has a stock Titan, so i was hoping i could rip the rom from it or copy whatever i need off it so i can put mine back to "stock"

Thoughts? Is this possible ?

-Chris
Old 12-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff
Re: Stock USCC rom

Why would you want to rip the stock rom, just flash it back using the rom from the HTC site.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: U.S.Cellular

chaser74 is keeping up the good workchaser74 is keeping up the good work

there is no stock rom at the htc site. i believe if you go over to http://www.forum.xda-developers.com there is a way to rip the stock rom and i belive they can even help you with it for those of us that might someday need to return ours to stock
Old 12-16-2008, 07:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: US Cellular

larrybagina is a n00b

You might have a problem if you upgraded the radio to enable the GPS...there are some threads about it on here.

Good luck!
Old 12-17-2008, 08:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: US Cellular

BillThyCat is becoming a great contributor

There is no stock USCC rom, and ripping the rom from one won't help with flashing back to the other.

The biggest issue is that trying to flash an older radio and rom over a v3 rom/radio can actually brick the phone. A few have had success on other carriers with stock roms, but I know of noone who has successfully flashed a USCC phone back to the original versions.

You might look for an older DCD rom that was WinMo 6.0, as long as nothing jumps out at them that it's a newer rom, they may not notice the newer radio/SPL.

Worse case, skip the warranty and go straight to an insurance claim.

BTC
Old 03-10-2009, 01:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800

flirt5613 is a n00b

I cannot understand the bridging of the gap between software and physical damage. If the software isn't what came stock it is considered "corrupted" and will be reflashed to standard. There is no law rule or regulation against playing with your software. The simplest answer isn't getting your phone to stock, it's getting what IS against warranty and/or regualtion. Find software that disables GPS. Even that enabled will not lead to as much worry as you may think. USCC sends their phones to their National Repair. If they cannot fix it is forwarded to the manufacturer. A few things of note. 1 is phones are wiped outright by basic "monster" flash means. All settings, third party applications, and user data is reset. Your phone is your personal space, time is not spent to invade that, the FCC actually forbids that. Secondly the number of phones repaired in any given day is HUGE. They do not take time via software or human resource to view the files you have placed on your phone. Physical damage = no warranty = you're gonna have to pay for the phone. Software = software fix. There is VERY little software that can be written to a phone that cannot be worked around to repair and software flashing is free. If standard booting to flash software fails, bootloader is used, if bootloader fails their are still more methods. If ALL else fails they replace the phone. I have never seen a customer charged for a replacement phone because they caused the failure via software. And trust me, I have seen my share of phones in need of repair, physical and otherwise
Old 03-20-2009, 03:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

petermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpetermg is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

What about this:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...RUU_signed.rar
it claims to be a stock rom..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development