PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
3200mah Seidio Battery

I purchased a used Mogul on Ebay that came with a Seidio 3200mah battery. I've always been too cheap to pay the price for these kinds of batteries. I've bought numerous extended batteries on Ebay only to always be disappointed by marginal performance improvements, if any. The Seidio seems to be very good. Here are the results running Slingbox over an EVDO Rev. A connection with Wifi and GPS off.

Seidio 3200mah - 7 hours
Standard Mogul OEM battery - 4 hours

I've controlled this test a little better. As time goes on, the difference has increased. Unfortunately, I don't know the history of the two batteries. I'm not sure the numbers are representative.

Seidio 3200mah - 6.5 hours
Standard Mogul - 2 hours

Last edited by hoddy4; 08-02-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

sdsoundguy2007 is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to sdsoundguy2007
Re: 3200mah Seidio Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddy4 View Post
I purchased a used Mogul on Ebay that came with a Seidio 3200mah battery. I've always been too cheap to pay the price for these kinds of batteries. I've bought numerous extended batteries on Ebay only to always be disappointed by marginal performance improvements, if any. The Seidio seems to be very good. Here are the results running Slingbox over an EVDO Rev. A connection with Wifi and GPS off.

Seidio 3200mah - 7 hours
Standard Mogul OEM battery - 4 hours
Seidio puts out great products I bought my VX6800 on ebay also but purchased the 3500mah battery and usualy with moderate use can go a full week without chargeing. Check out their hard rubber case for the phone also very good protection.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:01 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D
Carrier: Sprint

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

although i've bought all kinds of stuff off of ebay, i wouldn't buy my phones high dollar battery there. i got it directly from seidio because at least i have something to fall back on other than "sold as is."

Also, some people had problems with their products such as cases. They sent out replacement parts that fit better for free! They charge a little more, but it could be worth it in the end.

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!

Last edited by GhettoBSD; 08-04-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor

I agree but when it's thrown in with the price of the phone and the overall price is no higher than other phones being sold on Ebay, then it's basically a no lose situation.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

I came close to buying the Seido, but instead went with the Mugen 3600mah. I think the Seido 3200 & 3500 have a better rep but after getting a replacement I've been pretty happy with mine. Can easily got 24 hours even with heavy use, no problem going 48 with moderate use, and I get pretty bad reception at home always switching between 1X and EVDO so that'll tell ya something right there.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Socrates Philosophy

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

While using the stock rom, i would have to recharge 3x a day (with inet use for all my emails).

With my sedio, i can go friday, saturday, sunday and easily monday without 1 charge! ITS CRAZY! I haven't killed my phone once since the battery change. So who knows how long it'll run. And like i tell everyone, i run like 8 accounts with imap and 1 push for exchange, so the inet is always on.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

looks like its time for me to upgrade..
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 08-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work

I use Seidio extended batteries on both my 6700 (3400) and my 6800 (2400?) I just don't like having to worry about the battery dying, even every day or two. If I am at 50%, I know I can still get through most of another day, at least.

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Turnkeys is becoming a great contributor

So, those of you with extended (fat) batteries, what're you using for a case? Meaning belt case, not the rubberized one.. have one of those..
Old 08-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Socrates Philosophy

just the rubberized one from seidio. it's the belt clip deal. so i got my battery AND the case/belt clip from seidio at the same time. You can get them together or separate i think. I was a little weary at first, because i ride a motorcycle i didn't want it to fall off, but it's help! I personally like it more than the leather holster because buttons don't get mashed by accident.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development