PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2008, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

djstone86 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MOGUL very slow with sending/ recieving text messages?

I have a mogul with rom 3.56.651.0 and radio 3.42.50. Receiving texts are extremely slow. I'm talking about i might get a text an hour after the person sent it, its really annoying. My service down here (Huntsville Alabama) is suspect... but i text in areas where i have EV and this still happens. Also is there a way i can improve service on this phone? thanks in advance.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:18 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: MOGUL very slow with sending/ recieving text messages?

Honestly this should have absolutely nothing to do with the phone and everything to do with the network. Only way it would be the phone is if either the phone is not connecting at all, or somehow the phone were receiving the message and not informing you for an hour at a time. You've disproven the former by having service at all, and the latter is basically impossible.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

ViPaDawG is just getting started

yeah, you would think it's the phone, but it's actually just the network. I used to have this same problem at my house, and when they put up a new tower, then I finally stopped having this issue. you may want to try changing your SCI as it will poll the tower more often, and maybe less chance of having your signal get dropped or whatever. Call sprint and harass them about crappy service. I got a new phone out of it, but ironically the time I got a new phone, and the time the new tower went up were close apart, but I'm willing to be it was the tower and not the phone.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstone86 View Post
yAlso is there a way i can improve service on this phone?
You can get verizon
Old 09-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstone86 View Post
I have a mogul with rom 3.56.651.0 and radio 3.42.50. Receiving texts are extremely slow. I'm talking about i might get a text an hour after the person sent it, its really annoying. My service down here (Huntsville Alabama) is suspect... but i text in areas where i have EV and this still happens. Also is there a way i can improve service on this phone? thanks in advance.
If the person you are sending to, or recieving from has Verizon... I have the same issue with all 3 of my phones. It's something to do with sprint and verizon's networks.

To the guy who suggested Verizon... The only time I have this problem is when someone is sending or recieving from verizon... I've had sprint forever and it's been this way. Verizon sucks. They charge out the ***... and you're always left asking... "can you hear me now?" LOL
Old 09-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

try dialing *228 then do both options if you have verizon... or do the eqvilent for sprint... not sure what it is tho

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development