PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

MassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMassStash is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android working on Titan

everything neccesity works, can run it prty much; however shiiiiiiiiiiiiit for battery life
Old 02-24-2009, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: verizion

aaronpoweruser is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to aaronpoweruser

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimleyman View Post
have downloaded from massey and get same result as WtfBurdo . tried site from next posting. downloadded , unzipped and installed on 4gig card slotted in ran haret and yeh after a few moments had android up and running. following worked well, touch screen , wifi , phone , clock and alarm clock, picture search (which displays far better than in winders 6.1).could not connect to 3g service (with verizon), although letter keys worked well on slide-out keyboard , numbers didnot, makes logging in to mail a no-go. browser on wifi worked well, better that internet explorer. camera did not work, bluetooth did not work. applications requiring network connection ,except the browser, did not work. so all in all have to say heading in the right dirrection and close , very close. nice job ,folks!
r you using the vouge version send me a linik to the version u are using because i need wifi
Old 02-25-2009, 12:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6800 titan
Carrier: verizon

trimleyman is a n00b

http://magister.ipsys.net/projects/android-for-titan was the page from which I downloaded. Have since put some more time into this whilst on the road. Have had some success with downloading apps although only some will actually function and have had to download to pc/laptop then move file to sd card as saving via phone does not seem to work. all in all have much more use out of this now. although I did believe I had the wifi functioning earlier this does not now seem to be the case. It does however now work very well on 3g (faster than wm 6.1). Now regarding the Vogue android from massey nz , messed with that the other day and did manage to get it to boot, result however was not much use. when keyboard was slid out screen fliped upside down (never was good at typing standing on my head) and when screen shutdown the whole deal locked up requiring soft reboot. Might when I get some time play with it some more and see if I can iron out some more bugs. good luck to all and both projects are I must say quite promissing.
ps . HTC informs me that they have no intention of supporting in any way any OS not originally installed on the products other than 'official upgrades'. so those of us on non gsm systems such as verizon will not be likely to be able to buy a G1or such like android phone in the near future. so we have to rely on the clever folks here and elsewere to hackit out for us . I for one have nothing but admiration for the abilities and persistance!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

rothgar is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rothgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by trimleyman View Post
Have had some success with downloading apps although only some will actually function and have had to download to pc/laptop then move file to sd card as saving via phone does not seem to work.
Do you have a link to where you downloaded the apps from? The only place I thought you could get them was from the app store (or whatever it is called). If I had known you could dl them on a laptop I would have been using android more.
VZW Treo 700w
VZW HTC Apache
VZW Motorola Q
VZW Audiovox xv6600
Old 02-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

arbocorp is a n00b

Ok, I have a couple of questions. I downloaded the file but: Where is the root of the sd card? I've also clicked on "Listen to network connection." I just see a revolving waiting windows icon and "waiting for connection" below. What am I doing wrong? I have a 8gb Sprint Titan Mogul 6800!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:27 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbocorp View Post
Ok, I have a couple of questions. I downloaded the file but: Where is the root of the sd card? I've also clicked on "Listen to network connection." I just see a revolving waiting windows icon and "waiting for connection" below. What am I doing wrong? I have a 8gb Sprint Titan Mogul 6800!
The root of the SD card is just the base "folder" of the card. When you browse to the card make sure you are not in any folders (my documents, windows etc.) If you are browsing the card but aren't in any folders than you are in the "root" folder of the SD card.
The network connection issue I am not sure about.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:58 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6800 titan
Carrier: verizon

trimleyman is a n00b

some from androidfreeware.org and a couple from t-mobiles site handango , only went for the free apps (was not about to pay if they were not going to function) , would love to find the youtube app though (have yet to find a source for that one) , am still surfing for other sources.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

Baryn is a n00b

Seriously, just get a Pre. Sprint phones typically work on Verizon's network.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: VERIZON

taspankya is a n00b

so is there a group dedicated to titan dev right now? i know that dzo and crew are exploring the vogue, and nike and kaiser it seem... but what about titan. i am looking to help in dev, just am confused on who is running the titan android scene...
Old 03-03-2009, 01:34 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by taspankya View Post
so is there a group dedicated to titan dev right now? i know that dzo and crew are exploring the vogue, and nike and kaiser it seem... but what about titan. i am looking to help in dev, just am confused on who is running the titan android scene...
I too would be interested in helping out. I will let you know if I find anything.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development