PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Titan Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Should I enable REV. A in ##778#? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20905)

hemdosh 03-12-2008 09:12 AM

Re: Should I enable REV. A in ##778#?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkincaid (Post 213038)
You could run up to the CEO, hit him in the testicles with a hammer, and THEN urinate on his conference table...he would STILL apologize to you for whever he did wrong, BEG for you to remain a customer, and then promptly offer you free texting and perhaps free navigation.

Thats the funniest thing I have read on this forum. But I totally agree with you.

My question is, after enabling the RevA, is there a test that you can run that would show it is actually working? After enabling, I opened the IOTA program as was suggested in one of the threade. The icon briefly changed to IOTA and then went back to say EV. I have not seen any noticeable diff in the speed. Did I do anything wrong?

Success100 03-12-2008 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hemdosh (Post 213760)
Thats the funniest thing I have read on this forum. But I totally agree with you.

My question is, after enabling the RevA, is there a test that you can run that would show it is actually working? After enabling, I opened the IOTA program as was suggested in one of the threade. The icon briefly changed to IOTA and then went back to say EV. I have not seen any noticeable diff in the speed. Did I do anything wrong?

for the 117,122,254th time...

evdo rev.a is not really going to increase your d/l speeds. It focuses on much higher upload speeds, and on improving on latency...

With that being said, just browsing the web is not going to show you much of a difference from Rev. O. Applications such as web camming and such will benefit from the increased upload speeds.

Your phone will not tell you that you're using EVDO Rev. A. You will need to do a speed test either from your phone, or using a phone as a modem, and then doing a speed test on your notebook/desktop. ANy upload speeds around the 200-500 ballpark will be Rev. A.

ALso, you will not see this improvement if Sprint has not deployed Rev. A in your market.

Didnt mean to be an a-hole, its just this question has been asked and answered a bunch of times..anyways hope this helps

scotbotmosh 03-12-2008 09:55 AM

This has been asked a few times in this thread but never answered. Once I am in the EPST edit mode what tab is this setting located on? Is it named REV A. ? I have been unable to locate it.

It may or may not work in my area, but I would like to at least test it for myself.

Success100 03-12-2008 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotbotmosh (Post 213826)
This has been asked a few times in this thread but never answered. Once I am in the EPST edit mode what tab is this setting located on? Is it named REV A. ? I have been unable to locate it.

It may or may not work in my area, but I would like to at least test it for myself.

if you updated to the 3.35 rom, just leave it alone, evdo is enabled with the rom update. In a nutshell. The best way to find out is to do a speed test

jfolliard 03-12-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Success100 (Post 213772)
for the 117,122,254th time...

evdo rev.a is not really going to increase your d/l speeds. It focuses on much higher upload speeds, and on improving on latency...

With that being said, just browsing the web is not going to show you much of a difference from Rev. O. Applications such as web camming and such will benefit from the increased upload speeds.

Your phone will not tell you that you're using EVDO Rev. A. You will need to do a speed test either from your phone, or using a phone as a modem, and then doing a speed test on your notebook/desktop. ANy upload speeds around the 200-500 ballpark will be Rev. A.

ALso, you will not see this improvement if Sprint has not deployed Rev. A in your market.

Didnt mean to be an a-hole, its just this question has been asked and answered a bunch of times..anyways hope this helps

thanks for the excellent summary. Is there a way to determine if Rev. A has been employed in my area? Portland, Oregon?

ghettokamel 03-12-2008 11:35 AM

ok...so i just "enabled" the Rev. A.......OMG....IT IS AMAZINGLY FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recommend everyone do it....my speeds before i changed it was around 400 and now i did only one test and it was at 900...so yes!!! change it to enable...when you go to change it it says what do you want to do or whatever and u choose enable so i don't think it automatically has it on...

scotbotmosh 03-12-2008 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Success100 (Post 213828)
if you updated to the 3.35 rom, just leave it alone, evdo is enabled with the rom update. In a nutshell. The best way to find out is to do a speed test

Regardless I would appreciate it if someone would be kind enough to shed some light on where this option is located so I may try it out for myself. Any body feel like being kind?

ghettokamel 03-12-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotbyz168 (Post 212528)
LoL... Well pretend it is a control panel right...It says Rev.A ... Disable. That would mean that it is enabled. If it were to say disable"d" that would change the meaning.

yes...but it is not...

it says "Change Value To" which means the exact opposite. If it says disabled that means that it is disabled. If it says enabled then it means enabled...HTC is not that stupid...Sprint yes...but HTC made the Rom, sprint only told them when to release it and thats from an HTC rep who i spoke with...

ghettokamel 03-12-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotbotmosh (Post 214129)
Regardless I would appreciate it if someone would be kind enough to shed some light on where this option is located so I may try it out for myself. Any body feel like being kind?

Do you have your code for getting into the ##778# control panel?

Certs 03-12-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettokamel (Post 214620)
yes...but it is not...

it says "Change Value To" which means the exact opposite. If it says disabled that means that it is disabled. If it says enabled then it means enabled...HTC is not that stupid...Sprint yes...but HTC made the Rom, sprint only told them when to release it and thats from an HTC rep who i spoke with...

Use both settings and run a download/upload test and post what you get. Everyone else (and I mean everyone) is getting faster upload speeds the other way (upload won't be much different, as Success said)