PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Titan Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   nueLED - configure/customize your LEDs... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18871)

no2chem 02-21-2008 01:57 PM

nueLED - configure/customize your LEDs...

Hello,

I have designed a intermediate LED driver that sits between the led driver and decides which calls to pass through and whether to redirect them or not.

NEW VERSION 1.5 with loads of new features. Its HIGHLY suggested that you update! Improved device support and memory leak fix.

http://www.weienterprises.com/nue/nueled.pnghttp://www.weienterprises.com/nue/nueledconfig.png

Basically, you can now turn off your signal light, make it flash blue instead of green, or whatever you wish. So far it's been tested on the titan and the kaiser, but should work on any device that uses ALLLEDMGR. nueLED renames allledmgr to LED2: and names itself LED1:. Please let me know if it works/doesn't work on your device.

Settings are stored in the registry, -1 means active and -2 means inactive, any other number is a redirect. To figure out new addresses, use diagnostic mode in settings.

Heres a short tutorial on how to make your signal LED flash blue:
Select the signal led from the list. It has address 8, mode 1.
Select the option "Redirect to LED Address", and select bluetooth LED.
Soft-Reset your device.

Your signal LED should now be blue!

If you use the cab version and decide to remove it, you need to set
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\AllLEDMgr]
"Index"=dword:1

and perorm a soft reset to re-enable the old led driver. Also delete the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\nueLED] key.

You can find nueLED at http://www.weienterprises.com/nue
Stroths has provided a cab version for your convenience : see http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...618#post189618
Special thanks to stroths for figuring out how to package this into a simple cab.

A program to help you control your leds, nueLEDControl is also included. The syntax is relatively simple, i.e. nueLEDControl "address" "mode".

If you appreciate nueLED, donations are welcome. Comments, bug reports, etc. are also welcome.

xweaponx 02-21-2008 02:01 PM

Re: nueLED - configure/customize your LEDs...

What more can be said about your ingenuity and speedy delivery!?

Absolutely great work no2chem. Will all of your latest releases be included in your next rom revision?

Your my nomination candidate for PPCGeeks MVP Award '08 (if it existed...:mrgreen:)

Update - I get a "Wei enterprises nueLED-cab cannot be installed" error after repeat attempts to install onto device...

sanjsrik 02-21-2008 02:12 PM

I'm asking this as a complete ignoramus on the subject, but why would someone want to redirect the bluetooth flashing LED to voicemail or redirect any of the flashing LEDs?

Was this something that HTC promised could be done, or is it something that was broken?

Just curious.

no2chem 02-21-2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjsrik (Post 189219)
I'm asking this as a complete ignoramus on the subject, but why would someone want to redirect the bluetooth flashing LED to voicemail or redirect any of the flashing LEDs?

Was this something that HTC promised could be done, or is it something that was broken?

Just curious.

er, i don't know.. honestly i just thought it was cool. well, actually I can see some use of redirecting the wifi led to bluetooth, since i never notice the stupid green led.... and... htc .. never promised anything! ... although honestly i think being able to configure the leds should be... built in....

Cutta-Boi 02-21-2008 02:15 PM

Your one of the champions of wm6.1. But I guess it bares asking: is this only for 6.1 because I get an error message once I try to install the cab. Im running dcds 1.6.10/R 1.47.

xweaponx 02-21-2008 02:16 PM

Options. People like options and nueLED allows you the option(s):

Turn of the constantly blinking-green service led
and/or
redirect the red, orange, green & blue leds to indcate a notification of your personal liking.

I too get the same error as Cutta-boi...

Cutta-Boi 02-21-2008 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanjsrik (Post 189219)

Just curious.

I can speak for myself... I would rather have the blue flashing status light as opposed to the green

muyoso 02-21-2008 02:20 PM

Didn't install correctly for me.

to0 02-21-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xweaponx (Post 189205)
Update - I get a "Wei enterprises nueLED-cab cannot be installed" error after repeat attempts to install onto device...

Very nice work on this, it looks like fun, but I'm getting the above-mentioned error, also.

nobuseri 02-21-2008 02:31 PM

Build 5048; I get the same error. I even uninstalled the previous LED modification and I still had the same error.

Great work on these applications! Hats off to you. =)

jourabchid 02-21-2008 02:52 PM

damn No2chem, you're the best...

will this allow me to say make my text notifcations use the red led as opposed to the orange and the like? or is it simply an on off type thing

no2chem 02-21-2008 02:53 PM

hmm, it appears that this can't be installed via cab because of some registry security issues. ... taking down the cab for now, ... hopefully someone will figure it out..

stroths 02-21-2008 03:16 PM

I'll take a look at it after work if no one else has figured it out by then.

Zekeman 02-21-2008 03:27 PM

You two should team up... the battery hack was a sucess and this will be too!! good job guys!

rajuabju 02-21-2008 03:30 PM

I'm so glad no2chem doesnt work for HTC or one of the carriers where his ingenuity and service to the PPC community would surely be stifled.

InvincibleLiving 02-21-2008 03:38 PM

everytime i log on you guys are breaking new ground! i'm out of superlatives for what your doing all i have left is thanks!!

stroths 02-21-2008 04:17 PM

FYI, this app does require .net compact framework 3.5 so make sure your ROM has it installed. Otherwise, download it from microsoft and install it on your phone. If you are running one of no2chem's builds then you should be fine as he incorporates it in the ROM I believe.

bigray327 02-21-2008 04:25 PM

Awesome. No2Chem for president!

[sammich] 02-21-2008 06:21 PM

Oh I feel like im beeing too picky now...

But No2Chem... Is it at all possible to make the notification LED blink faster, and RED instead of ORANGE? And is it possible to make the service LED flash faster as well as the Bluetooth LED?

THANKS

THANKS
oh I forgot
THANKS!

I am going to make you a killer sig tonight, no2chem.

stroths 02-21-2008 06:50 PM

1.5b Cabbed Version Here

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a cabbed version I created from no2chem's excellent work. I have embedded the signing certificate in this version, so its just a simple 1 cab install now.

Install Instructions
1. Uninstall any previous version
2. Install no2chem_nueled_1.5b.cab
3. Reboot

NOTE: You must have .net compact framework v2 or higher installed on your phone. You can download the 3.5 version here if you need it.

no2chem 02-21-2008 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 189580)
Oh I feel like im beeing too picky now...

But No2Chem... Is it at all possible to make the notification LED blink faster, and RED instead of ORANGE? And is it possible to make the service LED flash faster as well as the Bluetooth LED?

THANKS

THANKS
oh I forgot
THANKS!

I am going to make you a killer sig tonight, no2chem.

er.. i don't really need a sig, but thanks =)
if there is an address that flashes faster, you can use it... otherwise i can't really control the exact flashing speed...

and, you'll need to find the address for the red led by using diagnostic mode in settings.... I was going to to do that, but the idea of running my battery low to find out wasn't appealing. Do post if you figure it out =)

johnnychimpo 02-21-2008 07:50 PM

anyone know how to remove the app. it will not remove! I cant get it to work properly.

no2chem 02-21-2008 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnychimpo (Post 189710)
anyone know how to remove the app. it will not remove! I cant get it to work properly.

if you installed via cab, youll probably have to delete these registry entries...
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wei Enterprises\nueLED\Config]
"2"="Charging (Flashing) LED"

"32"="Bluetooth LED"

"34"="Charging LED"

"64"="Wireless LED"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\MyCPL\26]
"Description"="nueLED Configuration Tool"

"File"="nueLEDConfig.exe"

"Name"="nueLED"

"Index"=dword:00000002

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\nueLED]
"Description"="nueLED Intermediate LED Driver"

"Dll"="nueLED.dll"

"Index"=dword:00000001

"Order"=dword:00000000

"Prefix"="LED"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wei Enterprises\nueLED]
"2"=dword:FFFFFFFF

"32"=dword:FFFFFFFF

"34"=dword:FFFFFFFF

"64"=dword:FFFFFFFF

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\26]
"Description"="nueLED LED Control"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\26]
"Group"=dword:00000000

and set

"Index"=dword:00000001

...guess we'll have to look into figuring out how to uninstall it better

1999TL 02-21-2008 08:28 PM

Microsoft should offer you a job.

johnnychimpo 02-21-2008 08:31 PM

Thanks No2chem, somehow the app started working when i installed the 6800 cab version. The flashing green light is NO MORE!

tt7 02-21-2008 10:07 PM

Is there a way to turn off the red and green back lights behind the "answer" and "end" buttons with this?

[sammich] 02-21-2008 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt7 (Post 189821)
Is there a way to turn off the red and green back lights behind the "answer" and "end" buttons with this?

This app won't do that. I'm sure its possible though, because It is controlled via backlight (when the backlight goes off, those lights go off)

[sammich] 02-21-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no2chem (Post 189654)
er.. i don't really need a sig, but thanks =)
if there is an address that flashes faster, you can use it... otherwise i can't really control the exact flashing speed...

and, you'll need to find the address for the red led by using diagnostic mode in settings.... I was going to to do that, but the idea of running my battery low to find out wasn't appealing. Do post if you figure it out =)

Will do!! I'm excited!! I GET TO POST NEW INFO!!!!

Oh crap. 100% battery... LOL!

no2chem 02-21-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 189829)
Will do!! I'm excited!! I GET TO POST NEW INFO!!!!

Oh crap. 100% battery... LOL!

note that before you do that, you should either backup or make sure to watch your device carefully, if you soft-reset with diagnostic mode on you _might_ not be able to boot up again until a hard reset - i'm trying out a fix at the moment.

[sammich] 02-21-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no2chem (Post 189862)
note that before you do that, you should either backup or make sure to watch your device carefully, if you soft-reset with diagnostic mode on you _might_ not be able to boot up again until a hard reset - i'm trying out a fix at the moment.

Dont worry... Backlight is on Max, no auto shut off. I turned on WiFi, Beam, and Bluetooth.

I put the volume on max so I'll hear when I get a popup

ak5thousand 02-21-2008 11:34 PM

lol well first i installed it and i turned off all the lights..what i want to do (not sure its even possible)is to have the blue light flashing instead of the green..was trying the redirect option but couldnt figure it out,is this even possible?thanks in advance

stroths 02-21-2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ak5thousand (Post 189906)
lol well first i installed it and i turned off all the lights..what i want to do (not sure its even possible)is to have the blue light flashing instead of the green..was trying the redirect option but couldnt figure it out,is this even possible?thanks in advance

The redirect option works, but requires a reboot to take effect. Below is a picture from no2chem's website where he made a redirect for the wifi. By default Wifi causes the LED on the left to flash green. He caused it to flash the blue LED instead.

http://www.weienterprises.com/nue/nueled.png

ak5thousand 02-21-2008 11:58 PM

thanks stroths , are any of these the red light by any chance?great app by the way, thank you both stroths and no2chem for this app..had actually been searching like crazy for something like this you guys are rockstars to me :headbang:

Yodode 02-22-2008 12:01 AM

Well I got the software installed and working, kinda. I was able to kill all the light but not able to turn any of them back on even after soft reset. Am I missing something?

stroths 02-22-2008 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yodode (Post 189935)
Well I got the software installed and working, kinda. I was able to kill all the light but not able to turn any of them back on even after soft reset. Am I missing something?

Run the configuration app, choose the LED you previously disabled and choose enabled. Reboot and it should return to normal.

stroths 02-22-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ak5thousand (Post 189931)
thanks stroths , are any of these the red light by any chance?great app by the way, thank you both stroths and no2chem for this app..had actually been searching like crazy for something like this you guys are rockstars to me :headbang:

None of the the lights in version 1.0 are red as no2chem needs the address of it.

[sammich] 02-22-2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 189953)
None of the the lights in version 1.0 are red as no2chem needs the address of it.

Working on getting the address for red!

Its not possible for me to make the battery drain faster, is it?

itsall_cooool 02-22-2008 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 189965)

Go back to a stock Sprint Rom and remove all battery hacks and run one of the flashlight apps? :drunken:

stroths 02-22-2008 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 189965)

Turn on Wi-Fi, GPS and beaming, turn screen brightness to max, surf the internet, etc.

[sammich] 02-22-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stroths (Post 189972)
Turn on Wi-Fi, GPS and beaming, turn screen brightness to max, surf the internet, etc.

Oh gps! forgot about that!

And I dont want to burn out my camera LED lol!! Those things burn out easily, right?