PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 12:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: NA
Carrier: NA

LargePrime is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titan linux bounty

Like a lot of other visitors I have been rooting around for a functional Linux build for the titan. It is not happening.

The builds we have are very slow and not really usable. I think the last Linux coder to actually touch the code says he only uses his phone as a Mp3 player, cause it is so slow.

I am thinking about a bounty. I have not done a bounty before so if anyone knows what to do speak up!

Would anyone else be interested in a bounty for a fully functional build?

So how would one post a bounty for the development of a USABLE linux build for the titan?

What would you donate to get a FUNCTIONAL build?
What is a FUNCTIONAL build to you?
What features would you pay MORE for? Camera/Wifi/Bluetooth?
Old 07-08-2010, 02:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

danny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on repdanny6514 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Titan linux bounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargePrime View Post
Like a lot of other visitors I have been rooting around for a functional Linux build for the titan. It is not happening.

The builds we have are very slow and not really usable. I think the last Linux coder to actually touch the code says he only uses his phone as a Mp3 player, cause it is so slow.

I am thinking about a bounty. I have not done a bounty before so if anyone knows what to do speak up!

Would anyone else be interested in a bounty for a fully functional build?

So how would one post a bounty for the development of a USABLE linux build for the titan?

What would you donate to get a FUNCTIONAL build?
What is a FUNCTIONAL build to you?
What features would you pay MORE for? Camera/Wifi/Bluetooth?
Ummm...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=635522

I might get flamed for saying this, but if speed is a factor to you, then get a new phone. The titan is a very old device that has merely 64mb of RAM and a very slow processor. Look what most of the android devices are running on...snapdragons.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:04 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Evo and Evo3d
Carrier: Sprint

mattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmattsm is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny6514 View Post
I might get flamed for saying this, but if speed is a factor to you, then get a new phone. The titan is a very old device that has merely 64mb of RAM and a very slow processor. Look what most of the android devices are running on...snapdragons.
NO Flaming, the truth is the truth. Due to hardware on the titan, you get what you get.

There was once a time when the titan was considered a Great phone, but newer phones and systems have been built with higher limits because of this.

Old 11-13-2010, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G,Touch Pro, Mogul, Asus A730W, Ipaq5150
Carrier: SPRINT

fsubartender is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to fsubartender Send a message via MSN to fsubartender Send a message via Yahoo to fsubartender

I have a zubuntu version of linux booting but the touchscreen is not working. Any help would be great. Give me a day or so and Iwill link what stuff I am using.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development