PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Titan Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Titan ReLocker - The Hard-SPL undo option (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12041)

srrobinson2 12-19-2007 11:58 AM

Worked like a champ! (I hope they don't notice the upgraded radio v1.40 as I couldn't find the stock version :)

Maybe I spoke too soon. I performed the initial programming with Verizon, and it displayed SPL unlocked. Any thoughts?

ViPaDawG 12-29-2007 05:06 AM

just relocked my launch mogul due to random restart issues since I have a replacement mogul coming, can't wait to unlock that one!

thanks for all the work guys!

gangsterholla179 12-29-2007 05:22 AM

wait im new n i just wanna kno wat this means

ViPaDawG 12-29-2007 05:47 AM

this program will reapply the stock bootloader that comes with the phone. the UNlocker applies the custom bootloader which then in turn allows custom roms and cooked roms to be uploaded to the phone, something you cannot do with the stock bootloader, and so if for some reason you need to have your phone serviced or just dont want them to give you a reason to deny you having warranty stuff done, not to say that they wont, because most times they themselves wont notice.

a1jatt 12-30-2007 11:30 AM

i had this cutom bootloader installed.. then i flashed my p4000 with telus's WM6 official upgrade.. that changed my bootloader back to stock one.. so does this mean flashing with telus's wm6 did the same thing?

ViPaDawG 12-30-2007 04:55 PM

this is not the custom bootloder. this is the UNDO for custom bootloader. and installing roms do NOT change the bootloader.

a1jatt 01-04-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViPaDawG (Post 151726)
this is not the custom bootloder. this is the UNDO for custom bootloader. and installing roms do NOT change the bootloader.

before installing telus's wm6 update, in the bootloader mode i had oilpro bootloader.
after i installed telus wm6 i am back to telus's original bootloader. have not done anything else :S

ViPaDawG 01-04-2008 02:28 PM

how do you know you are in the telus bootloader once you have installed the rom?

you will know you are in the bootloader if you hold power + camera and hit the soft reboot, it should take you to the olipro bootloader, if that doesnt, then maybe the telus rom does uninstall the bootloader. i'm not an expert in how they work, but afaik i didnt think rom updates update bootloaders.

ImCoKeMaN 01-04-2008 04:33 PM

A normal shipped rom update "EXE" would change the bootloader, but the Olipro version is specially made not to be overwritten so it doesn't need to be unlocked multiple times. This is why i made the special relocker for the Titan. If your device never said 1.20.Olipro it was not fully unlocked though and that could be why it went back.

a1jatt 01-04-2008 11:02 PM

this is what i did.

I ran unlocker.
it said it unlocked.
i did a soft reset .
then i booted it in bootloader mode. it said 1.20.Oilpro.
I loaded telus wm5 from ftp.
used it for half a day.. then decided to go back to wm6.
then i flashed with telus wm6 update.
now i have stock telus bootloader.

Nothing wrong there.. just curious if it is supposed to go that.. or may be i ran relocker and did not know what i was doing.. :S

So if i have stock radio 1.32.. stock telus wm6 rom and stock bootloader.. and i send it to telus for repairs covered by warranty .. will they be able to find out that i was playing around with the rom??