PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Titan Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Titan ReLocker - The Hard-SPL undo option (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12041)

ImCoKeMaN 05-13-2008 06:39 AM

Re: Titan ReLocker - The Hard-SPL undo option

Take a look at the later posts in there, thats not exactly "everyone" also check out this thread in the vogue forum it helps explain it a little better:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=26082

OffUrRcker 05-13-2008 07:06 PM

Right, I've read that. You downgraded your mogul and got a brick, right? I can deal with that, a brick does not void warranty.

puff 05-13-2008 08:47 PM

Ok for what its worth, its POSSIBLE (at least on the surface level) to downgrade from GPS to Non-GPS. The prob is that even if your successful, at a lower level the radio is still actually a GPS radio with the infamous 785 header. Now surface level it will show 1.XX radio and it will not access GPS, basically it will act, look, and feel just like the actual non-GPS. that being said, you can encounter compatibility issues, not sure what perhaps ImCoKeMan can elaborate, also you can brick either during the downgrade or when upgrading again... or you could NEVER have a single problem. There's several reports of those that have been successful, usually to revert settings AFTER running customizations from another carrier, but its not recommended to attempt...

I recall when a buddy of mine, got a new mogul that had 3.35 ROM Stock - he accidentally flashed the wrong unlocker (1.20 Olipro). So then to recover he flashed 2.16 stock (to be able to boot into OS), then Olipro 2.40, then back to 3.35 (radio showed it went to 1.XX) then finally custom r0m. So knowing that...

Originally i argued with ImCoKeMaN that this is possible, to which i got the response that its not possible, just dont do it! After i poked and prodded (and of course researched) i was able to find more details, and now i understand why ImCoKeMaN said what he said.

To those that have downgraded, or flashed Radio's from other devices, ImCoKeMaN has 2 threads for research on problems - one for the titan, one for the touch. If you are one of those people that have downgraded or successfully flashed a radio from another device, please find these threads and post the info request by ImCoKeMaN.

*edit* direct links to prev mentioned threads...
LOW LEVEL Titan Radio version info gathering thread (mtty needed)
LOW LEVEL Vogue Radio version info gathering thread (mtty needed)

thug4life 05-14-2008 07:08 PM

what is the link to download the relocker?

thug4life 05-14-2008 07:27 PM

I am trying to upgrade my radio...how do i do that?

nick aguas 05-14-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thug4life (Post 283211)
I am trying to upgrade my radio...how do i do that?

this is a Relocking thread. try the search button or stickies for upgrading.

bothibodeaux 05-27-2008 03:46 PM

so you can not re lock tye phone if you have had the 3.35 update, and after that added oli pro correct?

lucky051779 06-05-2008 11:25 AM

i had the same problem and when i reloaded the 2.17 rom, it took but when it booted up it said no radio and it goes dead

lucky051779 06-05-2008 11:39 AM

i did th above mentioned steps..did it seam like forever for the 2.17 rom to load?

Ticklemepinks 06-08-2008 07:47 PM

I need to figure out how to relock my titan by tomorrow morning because I need to get a replacement. All of my external buttons went dead on me and I have to take it in for insurance claim. I'm now using a stock rom wit the rev a and gps ...Please help me!!!