PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > GSM-Specific > T-Mobile Vibrant

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
Prl or profile update?

A friend of mine for the galaxy s 4G on t-mobile and her internet is kind of funky... I have the sprint evo and usually when it acts like hers is I can do a profile update. Problem is I don't see the option to do either a profile or Prl update on her phone. Do gsm carriers allow this?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community
Re: Prl or profile update?

Hi, make sure you're using the new (updated) 3G sim card from TMobile and running a variant of the newest software from TMobile. Try flashing stock first to see if the issue persist. I had a similar issue with my Tmobile phone in my college town (reception was sub-par there). Also, if youre around wifi a lot, the wifi sharing app is good for getting data/calls/texts while youre temporarily out of service but it does tax your battery.
-CFay

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!
Old 04-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain
I will check to make sure she has the newest one. Thanks!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2011, 01:04 AM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

So no prl updates then for gsm?
Must suck having to wait for the carrier to send an updated sim card

Old 08-07-2011, 01:27 AM
VIP MVP

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

Didnt want to create a new,thread for this but how come no development thread , no activity whatsoever I take it no one liked this phone then
Old 08-07-2011, 01:56 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
Didnt want to create a new,thread for this but how come no development thread , no activity whatsoever I take it no one liked this phone then
Simply put..because I didn't have time to manage all the variants..so I only did what I could with a phone I personally had experience with being the Epic..this essentially meant every other variant got no love...:/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-11-2011, 08:04 PM
VIP MVP

so your the mod for all the galaxy s line then ?
but no love for the other phones is not good.... LOL

EPIC #1 oh and if the W7 phone users see this and disagree that doesnt matter cause to me its #1 and thats that... lol
Old 08-11-2011, 10:16 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
so your the mod for all the galaxy s line then ?
but no love for the other phones is not good.... LOL

EPIC #1 oh and if the W7 phone users see this and disagree that doesnt matter cause to me its #1 and thats that... lol
It would not be physically possible for me to put up enough effort for all the variants...due to time constraints I am barely able to do all the stuff I wanted to for Epic ...

maybe I'd have a bit more time to do stuff if I resisted the urge to go out on a 500 multi-quote discussion with people but as they say..bad habits die hard >.> lol
Old 08-12-2011, 12:24 PM
VIP MVP

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Lol... Well good thing u picked the epic as your phone which allowed us to get all the help u give us. But still sucks for the varriants.. Lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > GSM-Specific > T-Mobile Vibrant