PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2010, 09:47 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides + 1-Click Root

First post woot! jk

Anyways....

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?title=Sprint_Epic_4g

*work in progress*

I will do what I can to maintain it but help would be appreciated.

Things Included So Far:

Root/Unroot Instructions
Custom Recovery
A few Questions
A few Applications and how to change UI
A few widgets

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 09-12-2010 at 04:21 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Epic 4G Wiki - All Most Common Questions and Answers + Tips + Guides

Thanks for the page, but when I went to root (Epic) I tried to click on the 32bit. It said " The website declined to show"
Old 09-12-2010, 12:29 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblack View Post
Thanks for the page, but when I went to root (Epic) I tried to click on the 32bit. It said " The website declined to show"
K gimme a sec I'll upload both to ppcgeeks attachments so that there are no issues.

Updated with external temporary links till I finish uploading

Last edited by gTen; 09-12-2010 at 12:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2/ EPic
Carrier: sprint

bobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuffbobbyblack knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
K gimme a sec I'll upload both to ppcgeeks attachments so that there are no issues.

Updated with external temporary links till I finish uploading
Thanks... I'm about to give it a shot.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I found a GPS fix for the samsung moment that works on my epic and my wife's intercept FWIW... (not sure how to add this to the wiki)

copy/pasted from SDX... GPS Improvment? ***Use at your own risk***

by member "android"

Quote:

have found that by modifing one setting i have now been able to get a GPS lock inside a building and much faster locks outside.

1. Goto your dialer press *#1472365#
2. Click the setup button
3. Click Position Mode
4. Click Operating Mode
5. Set to MSAssisted. It seems that Sprint added the options for aGps but by default it is off.
6. Click Back arrow 4 times

To set Start Mode:
1. Goto your dialer press *#1472365#
2. Click the setup button
3. Click Position Mode
4. Click Starting Mode
5. Set to One of Cold, Warm, Hot
6. Click Back arrow 4 times

Enjoy a hopefully faster and Better GPS.

There are other settings in there, but I did not have the time to fully explore.

EDIT: I noiticed that after I made this change that the akmd2 process came back and squashed my poor battery. I think the process is related to the starting mode (Hot, Warm, Cold). I have set this to cold it will probably take longer to get a lock but, it should control that process. I will report back. EDIT: This change seems to have made a difference with the akmd2 process.

Difference between MS Asisted and MS Based.

What is MS-Assisted mode of operation?
In MS-Assisted mode, the network elements calculate the location of the device. This mode is suitable for one-shot fixes, wherein the location does not need to be updated frequently.

What is MS-Based mode of operation?
In MS-Based mode, the network provides the satellite information to the device, based on a rough estimate of where the device is located, and the device acquires the GPS signals from the satellites and calculates its location. After the initial fix, the device operates like an autonomous GPS receiver, until the satellite information must be refreshed, at which time the device goes back to the network to update the satellite information. MS-Based mode is appropriate for applications that require the device location to be updated rapidly, such as a navigation application.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:17 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Anyone can modify the wiki by hitting Edit...if you mess up you can always restore a previous version...

That said I have that under the general Samsung Galaxy S wiki:

http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?t..._Galaxy_Series

its gonna takes some time but I hope to cross-reference both wikis where cross device stuff will go under Samsung Galaxy Series and things specifically for the Epic will go to the Epic
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok cool. Didn't see the "general Galaxy" section.

Thanks for trying to organize the Wiki too.. it's gonna help big time once these bad boys get rollin'

Old 09-12-2010, 04:03 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Wow gTen, just checked out the Epic Wiki - excellent layout! Best idea ever for keeping track of proven tweaks and FAQ's.

One thing though, the quoted text boxes are really hard to read - very small text. I tried editing it but I don't see where the font is set. Can you make the text a little bigger?

Last edited by Johnny.Bravo; 09-12-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Stickied
Old 09-12-2010, 05:35 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfoster View Post
One thing though, the quoted text boxes are really hard to read - very small text. I tried editing it but I don't see where the font is set. Can you make the text a little bigger?
I just looked at the Wiki page in Internet Explorer and it looks fine. The problem is that I use Google Chrome 99% of the time, and in Chrome the boxed sections appear very small and in a difficult to read font. I don't know if there is a fix for this, but I hope so because I hate using IE.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G