PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Post WIMAX Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Damn he's selling his contract on eBay there's gotta be a reason y he wants out and its probably because of the shitty 3G speeds. So ur better off with the GSM option I gave u.
I thought I already said so, but maybe I wasn't very clear, so I'll just say it again: The Samsung Epic is incompatible with the inferior GSM network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
I've seen many sero plans sold on ebay, but not that many these days. I paid $75 for mine a year ago, and it's paid for itself tenfold. Your not going to beat $50/month even on prepaid with the roaming Sprint gives you.
You may be able to sign up for a new eprp plan, get the sero plan transferred into your name, then cancel the eprp plan within 30 days.

Also it's a best offer auction, they may take $100
Sent from my SPH-D700 using PPCGeeks
As expensive as it is, it might be a good move, but I'm still not entirely sure I want to go that route. Is that EPRP plan you were talking about their current Sprint.com/Sero plan? Does their current $39.99 plan include any data?

Quote:
Who know's , maybe they don't know you can go sero premium. And not everyone's 3g speeds are bad, mine average 1.2 mb/sec, I'm not complaining for $50/month.

Exactly. The glass is actually mostly full. Say, do you have access to WiMAX with that plan on your Epic?

- 2B

Last edited by gullzway; 02-14-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Question on PagePlus Data...

Look at my sig, GSM inferior? I think not and that speed is just with 2 bars.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:56 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Arrow FIX DATA Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
Look at my sig, GSM inferior? I think not and that speed is just with 2 bars.
Calm down, we're not even really talking about the inferiority of GSM.

Just to recap for everyone else, we're mostly talking about ways to get EvDo data working on PagePlus and also reasonable plans such as sprint sero as well as ways to get Sprint Sero plans (the old ones).

Thanks for everyone's help so far. I look forward to seeing lots of good suggestions from ya'all.

- 2B
Old 11-20-2011, 06:03 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

@eric you are clear that this phone is for CDMA network and not for GSM and that it is not a world phone either which had gsm built into it

Old 11-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Smile RADIO Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
@eric you are clear that this phone is for CDMA network and not for GSM and that it is not a world phone either which had gsm built into it
Unless there's another hidden feature they didn't tell us about (like the FM radio).

- 2B
Old 11-29-2011, 09:53 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Question ANY UPDATES Reply

Any new ideas on this?

Oh by the way, I just remembered - to make things even more complicated, the handheld has a crapped out ESN for Sprint. If push came to shove and there was some really good Sprint or Sprint MVNO deal (with Verizon Wireless roaming), I could clone the ESN, but since everyone's brainwashed into thinking that it's somehow "illegal", I don't know if I'll be able to find the information. Right now, we just need to find a carrier and plan. Keep your eyes open on your local auction sites and Craiglist cities for SEROs (I know I'll be keeping my eyes open for 'em), as those would be ideal: The data I need, with a low price and a (some) roaming (it doesn't really matter since I'm in the Sprint area probably 90-95% of my wireless year.

Thanks.

- 2B

Last edited by 2 Bunny; 11-29-2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:57 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Any new ideas on this?

Thanks.

- 2B
Sero or Boost are the only cheaper options for an epic, maybe Criket!

Old 12-01-2011, 02:27 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Not exactly SERO, but I hear there is a trick to get SERO Premium..though YMMV. Effectively whats some people did was open up EDRP accounts and then call up emplyee support and ask them to be upgraded to Sero Premium lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Question PAGEPLUS QUESTION Reply

Quote:
Sero or Boost are the only cheaper options for an epic, maybe Criket!

Do you know of any good places to find a SERO plan at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Not exactly SERO, but I hear there is a trick to get SERO Premium..though YMMV. Effectively whats some people did was open up EDRP accounts and then call up emplyee support and ask them to be upgraded to Sero Premium lol
Is SERO premium their current SERO offering?

- 2B
Old 12-13-2011, 10:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: PAGEPLUS QUESTION Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
Do you know of any good places to find a SERO plan at?
our bargain bin sometimes, ebay, craiglist...etc..

Quote:
Is SERO premium their current SERO offering?
umm..yes and no...

old sero = sero = 30$
new sero = EDRP = 60$
sero premium = 40$

sero premium is when you had an old sero plan and you upgraded it for $10 to allow you to use all none 4g devices. 4g devices are $10 extra a month.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G