PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2011, 05:42 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Carrier: Sprint

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking 4G Hotspot wifi thethering now working. Updated 02/09/2011

I had nothing to do with creating this. Just thought you guys would want to know that the lastest Wifi tether has been uploaded and it's supports Infrasructure Mode on 2.2 ROMs (Including CM6).

Major props to Harald Mueller for this! Don't hesitate to donate for all this guy's hard work!

Here is the link to the original thread from xda-developers. I posted it here so that people from ppcgeek can make donations this is a great program. Remember never check the Sprint Hotspot if you do your phone will keep on resetting.

[APP][Wireless tether for root users] Now with more Infrastructure!!! - xda-developers

WiFi Tether for Root Users 3.0-pre3

I got mine to work on 4G my speeds are as follows 4.21 MB/s download and 0.62 MB/s uploads. What I did was started the programs with 3G and then once the program was running started 4G up. But I still believe the program is unstable. My 3G speeds were 1.02 MB/s download and 0.25 MB/s upload. I the speeds I got while checking my voicemail were 3.82 MB/s download and 0.64 MB/s upload. Now I can make phone calls and not lose my internet connection. I guess it would be nice to be able to start the program with 4G instead of starting in 3G and then going to 4G. Everytime I start the program in 4G my phone restarts everytime.

P.S.
Make sure to change your device profile to Samsung Epic 4G under settings. Also this doesn't not work well with ROM that have the Governor Killer also this programs only works with Froyo 2.2 based roms.
Attached Files
File Type: apk wifi_tether_v3_0-pre3.apk (392.4 KB, 27 views) Click for barcode!

Please don't forget to thank me.

Last edited by jamice4u; 02-09-2011 at 07:32 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: 4G Hotspot wifi thethering now working.

Hmm..I was monitoring this every day but forgot yesterday..can't believe I missed it lol

That said I did a test and the cap is still there..

phone:
down:2924
up:864

pc:
down:1.22
up:0.47

That said with infer-structure mode added even if the cap remain I can get back to doing my research on it >.>

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-08-2011, 04:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor

Does not work with Bonsai 2.01 Reboots every time I start it.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:20 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
Does not work with Bonsai 2.01 Reboots every time I start it.
Same on my stock rom..I was only able to start it up once and then when I turned on the screen it shut off my phone..and every time after that..so no research testing for me

edit: uninstall the old one and it works

Last edited by gTen; 02-08-2011 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:54 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

ok... this killed my battery when I wasn't looking and just causes reboots.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:16 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
ok... this killed my battery when I wasn't looking and just causes reboots.
yeah, when it works it works good..when it doesn't it kills the phone..have to keep clearing app data and can't do my 4g unlock testing like this....oh well hopefully Pre2 fixed it when it comes out..
Old 02-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic with Cyanogenmod 7
Threadstarter

jamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on repjamice4u is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This program cause all of my purchased software to stop working for some reason. I get great download and upload speeds but what the point when it causes your phone to reboot. This program is very promising once they get the bugs out of it. I will keep you guys posted on the progress of this program. Funny I am using bonsai rom 2.0.1 and it works for me but on the other hand it messes up my system because I cannot launch any of my purchased software. Maybe it is a drm problem.

Last edited by jamice4u; 02-08-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamice4u View Post
This program cause all of my purchased software to stop working for some reason. I get great download and upload speeds but what the point when it causes your phone to reboot. This program is very promising once they get the bugs out of it. I will keep you guys posted on the progress of this program. Funny I am using bonsai rom 2.0.1 and it works for me but on the other hand it messes up my system because I cannot launch any of my purchased software. Maybe it is a drm problem.
On The Bonsai ROM thread over at XDA they say we need to turn journaling on for it to work.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:26 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
On The Bonsai ROM thread over at XDA they say we need to turn journaling on for it to work.
ya it works fine on his new rom, 2.0.5 i think im running.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:33 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ya it works fine on his new rom, 2.0.5 i think im running.
This is Version 3.0pre1 with infrastructure tethering for Froyo..it works well when it works, when it doesn't it shuts off the phone :/

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Tags
4g tethering, 4g wifi, hotspot, samsung epic, wifi tether